Weird Food Combos?

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
PBK said:
Never got up the nerve to try this one, but back in the days when a neighborhood grocer or country store would still sell luncheon meats and cheese by the slice, there were folks who would peel apart a Moon Pie and slap a nickel's worth of bologna in between. :P

Personally ....I think I could eat fresh beef bologna with anything.....hahahahaha

OP
OP
T

treasurejack

I'm thinking we have all the makings of an ebay "junk food cook book!" It would probably sell like hotcakes,.........with spinage and oatmeal and oreo ice cream and........ ??? :o

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Folks thanks for all the amazing peanut butter recipes! I'm psyched! PB & dill pickles, gotta try it!

OK PB, jelly, cucumber sandwich.

PB and banana?

PB and banana layered in between the pancake, then the syrup.

PB on a Burger, YES.

PB and cheese crackers.

PB and jelly mixed in your oatmeal! The best!

I'm sure I have more. Gotta love peanut butter!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SwampHunter said:
I was a Housing Sgt. for 3 years in a prison. One night I didn't have time to fix my lunch so I figured I would get something at the unit off the chow line. We were bad shorthanded that night. At chow a huge fight went down and one of my officers from my housing unit was shanked. He had to leave the compound so that put us down to two in the housing unit. We were put on alert and locked the compound down and no officers could leave the housing unit. The warden was there or I would have sent my officer to get me something. Utility was stuck in a housing so they couldn't make rounds and bring anything. About midnight I was bad hungry.
I was making rounds and went into one of the pods. A few of the "good" inmates were making a spread. A spread is where you take whatever food you have and mix it all together in a clean garbage bag. On the menu was Ramen Noodles, Sardines in hot sauce, Jalapeno cheese spread, peanut butter and Flaming Hot Cheetos. I stopped by their table to talk to them about the fight earlier and my stomach growled. They all asked if I wanted something to eat. Normally I would have said no and moved on, but given the circumstances and these being inmates that never gave me any trouble, always helped out even in fights and they were clean I told them to hook me up. They fixed me a bowl and gave me a couple of pieces of bread. I know I was hungry, but this stuff was GOOD! In fact so good that I fix it at home.

I have eaten Ramen Noodles mixed with the main entrees and cheese from MREs, but never thought about using peanut butter.
Ramen Noodles and peanut butter mixes with with alot of foods. I like the hot stuff mixed with peanut butter and Ramen Noodles.

Also one time duck hunting I ate Sardines in hot sauce on a honey bun. That is good stuff too.
were you pregnant :o :D ;D

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see why your the fattest bunch in the world. ;D ;D ;D

tinpan slim 8) 8) 8)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what ever tubby
i lost 10 pounds in the last 4 weeks(7-8 days 8 hour days of swinging total)
just from swinging a coil and walking and digging
your callous and snide remarks have been reported to the moderators ::)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Folks thanks for all the amazing peanut butter recipes! I'm psyched! PB & dill pickles, gotta try it!

PB and banana?

on toast.

great snack

OP
OP
T

treasurejack

This is to die for! This is to die for! This is to die for! This is to die for! This is to die for!

Two pieces of wheat toast.
Jiff smooth peanut butter.
Your favorite hot chili.

Cover toast with peanut butter, pile on the hot chili, makes an unbelievable sandwhich. Bet you can't eat just one.......

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
I dip Potato chips in ice cream(french vanilla).Ham or ham shanks pickled in jalopenos,
Louisiana brand hot sauce on anything else.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
montepollock said:
Louisiana brand hot sauce on anything else.

I am with you on that.....Our favorite brand.....we love it on alfredo or mac and cheese......or just on mayonaise bread....yum

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
MiniMe said:
Dip my potato chips into ketchup. Used to eat ketchup sandwiches for a snack - just ketchup on white bread sprinkle of pepper.
I use to do that watching Flipper and Disney.

Burt

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Well, OK.... when we were kids, we would buy a tin of fried grasshoppers from the 'weird food section' in the local market, then munch them in the classroom while waiting for the teacher to catch us and either say "WHAT ARE YOU EATING" or the ever popular "I HOPE YOU BROUGHT ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE" We would offer, but .... ;D
By the way, fried grasshoppers taste like a combination of popcorn, and peanuts.. If I were doing this today, I would tell folks they tasted alot like 'spotted owl' :o

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
once upon a time (when I was about 20) I was in the phillipines around subic---had been bar crawling all night with some buddies---well come morning we had to go back to the ship ---as we left the bar in the wee early morning hours there was this poor looking old dude with a tiny grill dipping strips of what looked like chicken tenders on a stick into a soy sauce mixture and grilling them- he was selling them to the call girls and some locals--they smelled great and I was starved so I went to get some --at first he acted like he didn't want to sell them to me but I offered a good bit for some and he finally sold several of them to me ---they tasted great and I wolfed them down !!! I made the thumbs up sign and made a cluck -cluck noise --he shook his head no--I went thru other animal sounds --onik-onik, moo- moo he shook his head no to each of them finally he looked at me and said moew -meow--- I didn't get any more of em but to be honest they were very tasty---guess thats why they had no "stray" cats or dogs around there come to think of it--- Ivan.

AxeMan

Mar 10, 2007
Lombard, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Mine is PLAIN French Toast lightly salted, the only way I eat it since I was a kid.

When my wife was pregnant last year she had some weird Food Aversions

#1: Pickles dripped in Mc Donald’s Chocolate Shake (both had to be from Mc Donald’s)

#2 A Ice Cream Sandwich Cookie (called a Pinwheel) then top it with Nacho’s, Cheese, Onions, and Jalapenos

We stop at out local Quick Mart she get a order of Nacho’s put extra Cheese, Onions, and Jalapenos and also get a Pinwheel, then take it home and top it with the Nacho toppings, once the Nacho toppings were gone or the Pinwheel was finished I get stuck with the dry leftover chips from the Nacho’s (I have pictures of both)

OP
OP
T

treasurejack

AxeMan said:
Mine is PLAIN French Toast lightly salted, the only way I eat it since I was a kid.

When my wife was pregnant last year she had some weird Food Aversions

#1: Pickles dripped in Mc Donald’s Chocolate Shake (both had to be from Mc Donald’s)

#2 A Ice Cream Sandwich Cookie (called a Pinwheel) then top it with Nacho’s, Cheese, Onions, and Jalapenos

We stop at out local Quick Mart she get a order of Nacho’s put extra Cheese, Onions, and Jalapenos and also get a Pinwheel, then take it home and top it with the Nacho toppings, once the Nacho toppings were gone or the Pinwheel was finished I get stuck with the dry leftover chips from the Nacho’s (I have pictures of both)

"#2 A Ice Cream Sandwich Cookie (called a Pinwheel) then top it with Nacho’s, Cheese, Onions, and Jalapenos"

OMG!.....lol

bruizr

Feb 4, 2006
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, 'big bud' by bounty hunter, aqua vision
take a slice of bread, spread with your favorite kind of peanut butter, sprinkle with chocolate chips then press them down with the utensil and wash down with a glass of milk. WARNING ! when your waistline starts spreading cut down the thickness of the p.b., go lighter on the choc. chips and use 2% milk lol.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Hmmm I wonder what would happen, if you 'chugged' a bottle of coke, then swallowed a Mentos ? If you drop one 'into' a coke, the result is pretty dramatic..

Oh of course!! How silly if me!!! A simple search of UTube will show you exactly what happens..

AxeMan

Mar 10, 2007
Lombard, IL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
GunFarce said:
Hmmm I wonder what would happen, if you 'chugged' a bottle of coke, then swallowed a Mentos ? If you drop one 'into' a coke, the result is pretty dramatic..

Oh of course!! How silly if me!!! A simple search of UTube will show you exactly what happens..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSyL7u-L_dE

If I remember right it has to be Diet Coke, Coke would work but the better effect comes from only Diet Coke and no other off brands

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread