Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My youngest son Jeff puts potato chips on every kind of sandwich he eats whether it's peanut butter and jelly or bologna. My wife Kay eats little pieces of light bread rolled up into a ball and dipped in her Pepsi. My Oldest son Bruce will buy a jar of sweet red and green peppers and eat just them with a fork a whole jar at a time. My Mom likes chocolate cake and beer. My dog snacks on ice cubes from the ice machine. I'm the only normal person in my family and I'll eat just about anything. M ;) nty

Bluezman

Apr 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Breakfast
Fried bologna on half a buttered hard roll folded over and dipped in my coffee.
I also like having beer for breakfast..."never left the bar beer breakfast": Drop a raw egg in a glass of beer and drink down in one chug a lug...."somehow made it home beer breakfast": Rice Crispys with beer instead of milk...snap, crackle...burp.

Lunch
Omelet w/mushrooms, onions, jalapenos, strawberry jam and mozzarella

Dinner
Well I really don't eat any weird combinations for dinner, but if I ever come across a good recipe for opossum butt pie...

Oh, for desert (this is the bomb!) chocolate pudding loaded up with cayenne pepper, and topped with whipped cream. Mmmmm. The cayenne pepper makes the taste of the chocolate linger in your mouth much longer.

Bluezman

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid I used to mix mayonnaise in my pork&beans. I tried it several years ago and I have outgrown the taste.Oh yeah,Monty-I still put potato chips (when available) on every sandwich except peanut butter.

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My hubby the chef turned me on to this one: Vanilla ice cream with balsamic vinegar and strawberries. YUM!!

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 & ACE 250
I had to dredge this one up from the depths to add a few of my husband's (seger98) strange appetites.....

He too likes peanut butter and fried egg sandwiches

Mashed potatos with Miracle Whip

A pile of Bush's baked beans topped with fried eggs and ketchup

Scrambled eggs with syrup

He thinks it's gross when I put ketchup on my scrambled eggs

And a childhood favorite I still eat........any kind of cooked pasta with butter and ketchup!

Also, I remember my dad eating cottage cheese sandwiches and baked bean sandwiches, I guess you'll eat pretty much anything after a night of drinking! LOL

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Two of My Favorites are
Onion snadwiches, sliced onions and mayo on wheat bread
Peanut butter and banana with blackbery jelly on toasted bread, yum yum

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
my friend loves his momma's' world class coconut cake smothered with chicken gravy. i kid you not.b

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia
Raw Cauliflour & Cocktail Sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

EdleBrock

Nov 5, 2007
Raisin Bran and Shiner Bock...blech...thanks for reminding me Bluezman...

During college the pantry was bare as usual, so I boiled up some egg noodles and mixed them with a can of Creamed Corn...talk about a weapon of mass destruction... Looked about the same coming back up as it did sitting in the bowl...

Now that I think about it, both of the impromptu meals were more than likely influenced by alcohol...

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have eaten ham and beans with ketchup mixed in since I was little. I also love buscuits and gravy topped with syrup (try that one, it's really good).
I absolutely love beef tongue but it's not really a combination, how about coleslaw on my maidrites? I dip my pickles in ketchup.

My favorite dessert is to microwave 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips with 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, mix it up and dip Sterzing potato chips in it. VERY very good! :icon_sunny:

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
treasurejack said:
SwampHunter said:
I was a Housing Sgt. for 3 years in a prison. One night I didn't have time to fix my lunch so I figured I would get something at the unit off the chow line. We were bad shorthanded that night. At chow a huge fight went down and one of my officers from my housing unit was shanked. He had to leave the compound so that put us down to two in the housing unit. We were put on alert and locked the compound down and no officers could leave the housing unit. The warden was there or I would have sent my officer to get me something. Utility was stuck in a housing so they couldn't make rounds and bring anything. About midnight I was bad hungry.
I was making rounds and went into one of the pods. A few of the "good" inmates were making a spread. A spread is where you take whatever food you have and mix it all together in a clean garbage bag. On the menu was Ramen Noodles, Sardines in hot sauce, Jalapeno cheese spread, peanut butter and Flaming Hot Cheetos. I stopped by their table to talk to them about the fight earlier and my stomach growled. They all asked if I wanted something to eat. Normally I would have said no and moved on, but given the circumstances and these being inmates that never gave me any trouble, always helped out even in fights and they were clean I told them to hook me up. They fixed me a bowl and gave me a couple of pieces of bread. I know I was hungry, but this stuff was GOOD! In fact so good that I fix it at home.

I have eaten Ramen Noodles mixed with the main entrees and cheese from MREs, but never thought about using peanut butter.
Ramen Noodles and peanut butter mixes with with alot of foods. I like the hot stuff mixed with peanut butter and Ramen Noodles.

Also one time duck hunting I ate Sardines in hot sauce on a honey bun. That is good stuff too.

"On the menu was Ramen Noodles, Sardines in hot sauce, Jalapeno cheese spread, peanut butter and Flaming Hot Cheetos." And you lived? lol

I might have to choose the shank over that mixture..... :P

One of my favorite nighttime snacks is a big glass of milk with ice, a can of Polar Oysters and a jar of Maraschino Cherries.

ashlee1228

Feb 29, 2008
North Florida
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gypsy Witch said:
Peanut butter,mayo and banana on white bread

whats wrong with that? its one of my favorites, i never realized it was weird until i joined the Navy :D

how about pineapple and mayo sandwich ... yummy!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
ashlee1228 said:
Gypsy Witch said:

whats wrong with that? its one of my favorites, i never realized it was weird until i joined the Navy :D

You know, I could actually see myself enjoying this. What kind of bread?

ashlee1228

Feb 29, 2008
North Florida
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
af1733 said:
ashlee1228 said:
Gypsy Witch said:

i like white but i suppose you can use whatever your tastebuds like

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
ashlee1228 said:
af1733 said:
ashlee1228 said:
Gypsy Witch said:

i like white but i suppose you can use whatever your tastebuds like
I thought white bread would be best as well, but I wanted to find out what would be best right from the source! Thanks! :thumbsup:

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
I adore baked potatoes with butter, smothered in onions.
The whole potato-onion thing works for me no matter how you cook them.
Not really weird but people seem to think it's odd for some reason. :icon_scratch:

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
After a kick arse shift at the firehouse about 5 am in the morning I enjoyed peanut butter and salami sandwiches.
Sardines make a fine sandwich as well.
Mayo on french fries is the bomb.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread