What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Weird two piece button “NOA”

BuckleBoy

Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
18,159
Reaction score
9,723
Golden Thread
4
Location
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
773F2975-2710-468D-B340-6D470F728ED7.webp
Your assistance is appreciated!
 
tn_metal_detector.gif
FWIW - I searched the net and only found ONE mention. That was on a 2019 thread - no one could ID it!
 
Upvote 1

Attachments

  • neworleansacademy.webp
    neworleansacademy.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 11
This Worthpoint listing has it on a uniform for the New Orleans Academy.

Wow! This is an older version than that one, probably 1913-30s if I had to guess. (The school was open from 1913-1986, but the puffy, two piece style button is reminiscent of the earlier part of that time frame). The button was in a privy and the back is covered in concrete of oyster shells and dirt. Im gonna do some surgery and see if I can get the gunk removed. Thanks for the ID!!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 4
We ID'd one on this forum back in 2017. I even said in that thread "we'll probably never see another one"... Goes to show you, never say never.
 
Upvote 3
We ID'd one on this forum back in 2017. I even said in that thread "we'll probably never see another one"... Goes to show you, never say never.

Yes... never say never. Someone had a whole bunch of them in various sizes and styles. Some have a Scovill backmark:

NOA1.webp NOA2.webp NOA3.webp
 
Upvote 6
View attachment 2023621Your assistance is appreciated!
Don't quote me on this Will, but I think it is a button from a club I used to be a part of, "Nudist Organization of America". This was the only piece of clothing we were allowed to wear in our naval. Lol.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hope you and Molly are doing great. Tell her congrats on the recent cover of W&ET magazine. Thank God it wasn't Quindy again. That old coot. :-)
I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things.
 
Upvote 4
Upvote 0
Don't quote me on this Will, but I think it is a button from a club I used to be a part of, "Nudist Organization of America". This was the only piece of clothing we were allowed to wear in our naval. Lol.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hope you and Molly are doing great. Tell her congrats on the recent cover of W&ET magazine. Thank God it wasn't Quindy again. That old coot. :-)
I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things.
My friend it is SO great to hear from you!!
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom