maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So i got this mixed in with my other boxes today from one of my regular banks ( Brinks bank) it was a sealed box, not resealed, sealed with the brown paper tape. You can see what was inside of it. Now, I've had the yellow wraps in a sealed brinks box before, but never a mix of them. Someone really took some time to sit and get these really crimped back down like this. I hope they are wasting a lot of time doing this and less time searching because of it. I am kinda surprized because I don't typically get these from Brinks, it seems Garda is the big offender in my area. The box also had this written on top of it " Run 1" I hope it's not the first of several runs coming out lol.

On a side note, got a call from the Garda bank vault teller today ( the really cool one), she was cool enough to do a test order earlier this week for me to see if they would send more of the repacked Brinks boxes again this week, sure enough, the 2 boxes that she did her test order with came in repacks of Brinks again! She has definetily gone above and beyond for me! She said she was going to call a dif number she got today for her Central Vault and see if she could talk to someone else about the problem. I definetly give her kudos! She told me she would send them back tomorrow, but I told her it's not her fault and I would be there to get them in the morning, I don't know if she will get 2 more tomorrow or not, guess I'll see when I get there. She also saved me a 1950 $100.00 bill, again, very cool of her. I'm going to tell her boss tomorrow what a great employee she is and that she has gone above and beyond for me. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN5931.JPG
    DSCN5931.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCN5932.JPG
    DSCN5932.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCN5933.JPG
    DSCN5933.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN5934.JPG
    DSCN5934.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN5935.JPG
    DSCN5935.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCN5937.JPG
    DSCN5937.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 0

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is weird, sorry you keep getting these. The Orlando Brinks and Garda coin processors must be overloaded trying to fill orders. Do you know of any specific big volume searchers in your area?

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten mixed boxes before like that. All seemed legit. I believe they borrow from carrier to carrier if they are short. That box looks ok and not a repack. Good luck with that. One day that could be a monster box.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That is weird, sorry you keep getting these. The Orlando Brinks and Garda coin processors must be overloaded trying to fill orders. Do you know of any specific big volume searchers in your area?

None that I know of, and none at my banks, but I have recieved boxes with addresses from far away from me, so I know where some are coming from. The "cool teller" branch that did the test for me this week, makes 6 orders of these now, so someone is turning these into a Garda branch somewhere.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
you sure those are rewraps? Sometimes when a box gets set down really hard, and they were loosely crimped on the machine, it kind of squishes them down to look like rewraps. I'm sure you know more about this than me, but I have found a silver in a box like that (with mixed wrappers and all). it was only one, but i remeber because I found it as I was complaining out loud about it. it was clear as day silver so not just something someone would have overlooked. sorry about your recent luck. good luck!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have gotten mixed boxes before like that. All seemed legit. I believe they borrow from carrier to carrier if they are short. That box looks ok and not a repack. Good luck with that. One day that could be a monster box.

Hey veterun, they are definetly allready seached, the rolls are loose on one end on some of the yellow ones, and all of the black ones. I opened a few allready just to be sure, now I'm sure, lol. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
you sure those are rewraps? Sometimes when a box gets set down really hard, and they were loosely crimped on the machine, it kind of squishes them down to look like rewraps. I'm sure you know more about this than me, but I have found a silver in a box like that (with mixed wrappers and all). it was only one, but i remeber because I found it as I was complaining out loud about it. it was clear as day silver so not just something someone would have overlooked. sorry about your recent luck. good luck!

Hey hokie, yup they are searched, just rerolled down very well. I remember you had the same problem a long time back too, I think of you everytime I get these, which seems to be a ton here lately, oh well, part of the game, the crappy part! lol. HH, Maverick.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the NF string yellow rolls are sometimes loosely rolled for me but they still produce. Loomis rolls tight as all hell, I hate opening those rolls. That's great you've got the teller on your side! i love cool tellers :headbang:

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sucks Mav. Like I mentioned a few weeks ago, I got just about the same deal, some String and Son rewraps mixed in my Brinks box (which were all rewraps too). I only got them one week, hopefully that will be the case with you. The Brinks rewraps, well they come and go here.
BTW I only have Brinks and Loomis in this area.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, finished the other box off, skunk. These are some rolls I pulled out a few min ago from the mix box, these were definetly searched, but I must say, that some of the others don't seem to have been opened, :icon_scratch:. I'm not done with the box yet, but no silver so far.

Attachments

• DSCN5942.JPG
    DSCN5942.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 175

unroller

Dec 28, 2012
FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, finished the other box off, skunk. These are some rolls I pulled out a few min ago from the mix box, these were definetly searched, but I must say, that some of the others don't seem to have been opened, :icon_scratch:. I'm not done with the box yet, but no silver so far.

Hey Maverick -

Yesterday, my Garda bank boxes were sealed Brinks cubes with the white and black paper. I have been getting boxes from that bank every other week for 3 years. This is the first time I ever got brinks boxes at that bank or any Garda Bank. I asked the tellers - they confirmed it was Garda that delivered them?

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
unroller said:
Hey Maverick -

Yesterday, my Garda bank boxes were sealed Brinks cubes with the white and black paper. I have been getting boxes from that bank every other week for 3 years. This is the first time I ever got brinks boxes at that bank or any Garda Bank. I asked the tellers - they confirmed it was Garda that delivered them?

Weird, I take it the rolls were untouched? All my Garda have been already opened an searched, the teller at my Garda branch said they were all opened again and these had the address from where they came from on them in sharpie on top of the box. 6 times now the sane Brinks dumps delivered by Garda. I'll see what is there tomorrow morning.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you guys school me up on how you can tell if they are rerolled or not? I have noticed Brinks boxes i get from the bank sometimes have 1 short strip on the front of the box (usually get skunked on them) and the better boxes (ones usually with silver) i have searched have a longer strip across the front that makes me have to cut it on 3 sides to open. Still learning and new to CRH, any information on the best way to order coin is appreciated. Also if ordering a bag is there a way to tell if it has been hunted or if it is directly from Brinks/Loomis or Fed?

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks probably just took the boxes and tossed them on a pallet. Garda called them, wanting to know if they could buy some halves, and Brinks probably said, "Sure, we got plenty!" and sold Garda an entire pallet of them. That would make the most sense as to why you're getting Brinks boxes from Garda.

As for why some are opened and others are not, I am guessing they are weighing the rolls and opening the ones that are over a certain weight, while tossing the ones under back into the box.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mav, I don't want to say you are wrong as you know better than I do, but i get rolls that have an even sloppier crimping job and much looser packaging all the time. The skunk rate for my boxes are about 75%, but they do produce silver so I am convinced it is a poor crimping job, not a repacked and searched dump.
I hope this helps and best of luck! hh buff

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Brinks probably just took the boxes and tossed them on a pallet. Garda called them, wanting to know if they could buy some halves, and Brinks probably said, "Sure, we got plenty!" and sold Garda an entire pallet of them. That would make the most sense as to why you're getting Brinks boxes from Garda.

As for why some are opened and others are not, I am guessing they are weighing the rolls and opening the ones that are over a certain weight, while tossing the ones under back into the box.

Hey BS, I never thought about that, that could be a viable explanation in the repacks. My theory has always been that someone is just dumping Brinks boxes to Garda and vise versa, like everyone does, when they get an order for halves, they just grab some of the returned boxes and ship them out to get rid of them first. I've recieved dumped Loomis boxes from this branch too.

Now, the weighing of the rolls makes sense to me, never thought about that either, I guess that would explain that, some of them were def opened, where some I could swear were not. Thanks, HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Mav, I don't want to say you are wrong as you know better than I do, but i get rolls that have an even sloppier crimping job and much looser packaging all the time. The skunk rate for my boxes are about 75%, but they do produce silver so I am convinced it is a poor crimping job, not a repacked and searched dump.
I hope this helps and best of luck! hh buff

Hey Buff, I know the pics aren't really doing them justice, but I know some of these, ( especially the last pics I put up) were searched, I have had the really sloppy rolls too but they still have a tightness to them, some of these I could just tell were opened, mostly the Black and whites, but you're right, some of them I'm convinced were not. HH, Maverick.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I have been getting Brinks boxes from Garda too. Usually already searched, but two boxes this week that were MWR and sealed, but the cents I picked up at the same time were definitely Garda. I think my area is serviced by Orlando too and I've heard there are some new hunters in my area ordering a huge volume of halves, so I wouldn't be surprised if the carriers are overwhelmed.

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry about this it really sucks , and has happened to me before. As far as garda, loomis, dunbar goes they may just be the coin carrier for the banks and not necessarily the coin supplier. In my area dunbar, and garda will deliver brinks boxes, loomis, NF string. I ordered once from 3 banks all on the same road , and all within 5 miles of each other. First niagara, peoples, and wells fargo. The same garda truck delivered, brinks boxes to first niagara, NF string to peoples, and loomis boxes to wells fargo. Not sure how it works in your area, but maybe you should try ordering from a bank that is not supplied by brinks. Good luck getting past all the crappy boxes.

He-Be-GB

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2012
Crook County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my boxes was like that yesterday also!!!Of course if was a skunk... Wonders if we're in the same area.. Land of Lincoln here!!! Do you mark your coins??? If so I may have come across a few maverick..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread