Welcome to the newly upgraded TreasureNet.com!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On smart phone are you viewing site using desktop view?

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a pop up prompt on every page I visit now, asking me if I want to leave my browser and view content on the app. Every. Single. Page.

It won't go to a page without having to click yes or no first. No likee, frustrating. Don't want to install any app, just be able to view in my browser with an Ad Blocker. Is this going to be a permanent thing? I hope not.

It should not be doing that. What version of OS is on the smartphone?

What browser version on the smartphone?

I can dig into this.... if you decide to open the link in the app and say yes, does the app also ask you over and over?

OP
OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only does it on my smart phone, but when I just now logged in on desktop the pages were very slow to load, Very slow.

Browser on smart phone is Firefox.

Site definitely should not be slow, it's running very fast for me.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Cleared the cache on desktop and now website is fast again. Never got the pop up using desktop with chrome browser.

Still getting pop up on phone using Foxfire Browser app, but switched over to Chrome and don't get the pop up. Leads me to conclude it's possibly an incompatibility issue with Foxfire app on my phone.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Strange that it just started an hour or so ago when I logged in. Haven't had any updates on the phone or browser and was working fine last night. 🤔

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleared the cache on desktop and now website is fast again. Never got the pop up using desktop with chrome browser.

Still getting pop up on phone using Foxfire Browser app, but switched over to Chrome and don't get the pop up. Leads me to conclude it's possibly an incompatibility issue with Foxfire app on my phone.
I use both chrome and firefox beta and do not get the popup,

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
Good on ya, lol, I'm still getting it on every page when I try to navigate to a different thread. Maybe I'm just no longer compatible with this website. 😉

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange that it just started an hour or so ago when I logged in. Haven't had any updates on the phone or browser and was working fine last night. 🤔
So last night you did not have the issue with pop-ups, sorry I thought you had had the issue since website changed to new software. What version of Firefox on phone are you using?
Good on ya, lol, I'm still getting it on every page when I try to navigate to a different thread. Maybe I'm just no longer compatible with this website. 😉
I'm not doubting you have an issue, just trying to figure out how to fix it. What version of firefox are you using.?

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
So last night you did not have the issue with pop-ups, sorry I thought you had had the issue since website changed to new software. What version of Firefox on phone are you using?

I'm not doubting you have an issue, just trying to figure out how to fix it. What version of firefox are you using.?

Same as you apparently, Firefox Beta. But I just fixed the problem. I disabled third party cookies. Problem solved, no more pop up prompt. Thanks. 😉

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same as you apparently, Firefox Beta. But I just fixed the problem. I disabled third party cookies. Problem solved, no more pop up prompt. Thanks. 😉
Great to hear...... :icon_thumright::headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw, were there problems in migrating the threads over during the transition? I've noticed a few missing. A couple in particular were many years and posts long, now gone into the ether. 🤔
That was changed a long ways back, threads are still there if you search for them but due to issues with old software it was limited to how many you could see. I will see if it can be restored. Do you have particular threads or posts I can use as examples?

I can see threads going back to 2004.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you scroll to the top of the page the sidebar ad will not block the alerts. This only happens if you are at the bottom of the page. There will be a fix coming for this.

The ad layout is similar to the old site with the amount of ads displayed. The only difference is the side column is larger (300px vs 160px).
Not just when at bottom.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although i am not getting it now... so perhaps it has been fixed.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
That was changed a long ways back, threads are still there if you search for them but due to issues with old software it was limited to how many you could see. I will see if it can be restored. Do you have particular threads or posts I can use as examples?

I can see threads going back to 2004.

Yep, I do. They were active up until the switch, now they're gone....

"Ancient ?" and "A Guide To Vault Treasure Hunting". Both from the Treasure Marks/Signs forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"Ancient ?" and "A Guide To Vault Treasure Hunting". Both from the Treasure Marks/Signs forum.
Appears both were deleted by OP which violates our rules, admins will look into it.

I have restored the threads. Once a thread is posted it violates our rules to delete or destroy a thread.

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
Top Banner Poster
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This one?

Still looking for the other one.

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
This one?

Still looking for the other one.

Yes, that's one. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread