Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Willard MO...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Missouri for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Abdifatah

Mar 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Hunter, my name is Abdifatah Olow i live and hunt in Somalia and it feels great to join this amazing community of hunters

Guardrailnickel

Jan 11, 2020
Pa. 19512
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Newbie from East TN. I haven’t started yet but was advised by my Dr to get a hobby, kinda having a hard time with the diagnosis.. wow! Sorry that sounded so morbid, I am not terminally ill. But what I have makes functioning sometimes virtually impossible.. so I was advised to get a hobby to distract myself.
Other than reading, the only other thing that I would love to try is metal detecting..
I haven’t gotten one yet but if you guys could give me some wonderful advice about what type to get that is decent without breaking the bank I would greatly appreciate any and all help that I could get to make this a successful hobby. I can’t afford the high end models and to be honest I may not be able to afford the middle models either!! Hahaha.
You all have a wonderful day and thank you again for any help in advance.
Sorry if this post violates any rules. I will learn. Haha.

IDK how much money you want to invest in a hobby, however if mobility and pain are issues, look into scuba diving. You can also do underwater detecting. Both are great hobbies and you can do both at one time. Here in Pa. I got my first lesson free. Kind of like testing the waters so to speak.

Since you are in TN. you have a lot of history to find. Think CW items. Lots of things get dumped or lost in water.

Gpa Bob

Mar 14, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the forum, I've been a metal detectorist since 1999, currently use an XP Deus and Tesoro DeLeon.
I love finding relics and researching their history.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the forum...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

lucas21

Mar 23, 2020
Houston
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I am Lucas, I am here to have a fruitful discussion about metals and hopefully learn lot of things about metals, I work for Taxi Pulse .

Last edited by a moderator:

flyguydjk

Mar 24, 2020
erie,pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all i am new to this. I have a bounty hunter discovery 3300 and have done fly fishing in pennsylvania all my life and i always saw old homesteads as i hiked to creeks. This year i plan on searching those spots wish me luck

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all i am new to this. I have a bounty hunter discovery 3300 and have done fly fishing in pennsylvania all my life and i always saw old homesteads as i hiked to creeks. This year i plan on searching those spots wish me luck
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to the great state of PA.

SandSounder

Mar 26, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heya! Salty new englander. Ive used metal detection to keep me out of trouble. It's helped me walk a more sober lifestyle. Consider a good find with my detector the equivalent of a bottle of whiskey for me now 😆. Never will forget the rush of finding my first gold and silver pieces! Fish and surf so if the bite is off or the waves aren't happening I bust out the detector. Pretty sure this hobby is here to stay!!!! 🤙

Waynewagon

Mar 29, 2020
Skiatook, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Introductory thread: I live in Oklahoma. I have been finding buried iron objects 100 feet apart left by the Knights of the Golden Circle. I am at a loss on what to do next. This hunt with a metal doctor has been going on for four years. My user name is Waynewagon. Can anybody help me?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread