What's new

Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Hi everyone...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: CALIFORNIA for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Hi everyone, I'm also glad of finally being part of the community! I'm a documentalist/historian and I'll be active mostly in the shipwrecks subforum. As you can infer from my nickname, I'm interested in the history of the Americas and its shipwrecks.

On another note, I live in Seville and have postgraduate training in Paleography. Feel free to contact me for any projects involving the Archivo General de Indias. Metal detecting is out of the question though -Spain is really restrictive in this regard.
 
Hi everyone, I'm also glad of finally being part of the community! I'm a documentalist/historian and I'll be active mostly in the shipwrecks subforum. As you can infer from my nickname, I'm interested in the history of the Americas and its shipwrecks.

On another note, I live in Seville and have postgraduate training in Paleography. Feel free to contact me for any projects involving the Archivo General de Indias. Metal detecting is out of the question though -Spain is really restrictive in this regard.
Welcome aboard. 😉 He he.
Nice to have you here. Looking forward to see some of your favorite finds, and all your tips & hints you may have about real treasure.
What detectors do you use?
HH & Have Fun.🍀🤞👍😎
 
Hello everyone,

Herminio here, writing from Hermosillo, Sonora, in northwest Mexico. Thanks for the welcome thread, happy to introduce myself properly.

My background is in search and web data rather than detecting. Over the past year I've spent a lot of time inside public mining records- MSHA's databases in the US, INEGI's in Mexico- and the more I read them the less they looked like data and the more they looked like history. Operations that changed hands over and over, place names that clearly mattered to someone a hundred years ago. That's what pulled me toward the hunting side of things.

I'll be upfront about one thing so it doesn't look like I'm hiding it later: I'm building a directory site that organizes those public mining records into something searchable. It's early and it isn't a metal detecting or treasure site, but it does overlap with prospecting and claims territory, so I'd rather say it now than have it surface awkwardly down the line. I'm not here to advertise, and I won't post links unless a mod tells me where that's appropriate.

What I actually want from this forum is the part I don't have: how experienced people research a site before heading out, how you separate a real lead from a dead end, and how claims and access genuinely work in practice on both sides of the border. Sonora has been mined for centuries and the desert here is full of old workings- I've done far more reading about them than walking to them.

If public mining records are ever useful to anyone here, that's the one thing I can actually contribute. Otherwise I'm here to listen.

Thanks for having me.
 
Welcome aboard, @growkik .
Thanks for joining. No big help here as I never prospected, but it would be nice to read about mines and all the stuff relating to it.
Would be also nice to have a register where you can search right ahead and spot on the infos needed.
You're doing a nice job, I think.
May you reach your goals. 🍀🤞😎
 
No, that would require you becoming a paying supporting vendor to post. I removed it.

If interested let me know and I can have owners contact you.
 
Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
Hello, Fellow Treasure Hunters!
Hello everyone! I’m happy to join TreasureNet and meet people who share an interest in treasure hunting. I find the possibility of uncovering forgotten objects and discovering the history behind them really exciting.
I’m also a fan of treasure-hunting programs, especially The Curse of Oak Island. I’m still learning about the hobby and look forward to reading your stories, seeing your finds, and picking up useful advice.
Greetings to everyone, and happy hunting!
 
Hello, Fellow Treasure Hunters!
Hello everyone! I’m happy to join TreasureNet and meet people who share an interest in treasure hunting. I find the possibility of uncovering forgotten objects and discovering the history behind them really exciting.
I’m also a fan of treasure-hunting programs, especially The Curse of Oak Island. I’m still learning about the hobby and look forward to reading your stories, seeing your finds, and picking up useful advice.
Greetings to everyone, and happy hunting!
Welcome aboard...👍
 
Hi @manuelrivero .
Welcome aboard. Nice to have ya here.
At one point we all started the hobby. And this is a nice place with good people and tons of knowledge to do so.
Hope you enjoy your time here.
Good Luck & Have Fun.🍀🤞👍😃
 
Hello everyone! I’m happy to join TreasureNet and meet people who share an interest in treasure hunting...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...

... a fan of treasure-hunting programs, especially The Curse of Oak Island...
tn_metal_detector.gif
Jump over to Sub-Forum: TREASURE LEGENDS > OAK ISLAND for additional information on Oak Island...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom