What's new

Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Would the red dirt happen to be near Scottsville? I’ve been trying to find someone in the area for two years that might want to help crack a cipher.
Scottsville is close to 100 miles from me. Old area there.
 
Hey Treasurenet community!

Just wanted to say thank you for welcoming us in. We're Hobby Miner Outlet — a small, USA-made operation building premium prospecting gear. European Inspired — USA Crafted — Built for the Hunt!

We're here because we love this hobby. Looking forward to learning from the best in the community.

— the Prospector
 
...Just wanted to say thank you for welcoming us in...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: OREGON for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
 
Welcome to a great community from all over the place, @Hobby Miner .
Nice to have ya here.👍😎
 
Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!
Hello, I can find most anything of value naturally, just show me the site. Looking for locations and compadres for prospecting.
Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
 
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
 
Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.
I'm not new to metal detecting, as I've been at it since 1962! I'm now 66+, so do the math! My first three metal detectors were home brewed BFO types, with the third one operating at 15 kHz. It was call kilocycles back then. As I recall, the first commercial metal detector I bought was a Garrett Hunter. I know I transitioned to a Master Hunter, and along the way I think I've owned just about every detector Garrett has ever made. Until recently, the last one (best one really) was a GTI-2500. I have purchased at least three Ace 250's as gifts to friends to get them in the fold. One of those came back to me recently because the owner died. These things happen a lot when you're as old as I am.

Fast forward to about a year ago, I used one Ace 250 to find a sprinkler valve, and whatever happened, the bug bit me one again. I bought an Ace Apex which is a very good detector, and its ability to discriminate is very good. Whether it is (was) better than the GTI2500 remains to be seen. Wednesday my new Garrett VX-9 arrives. I bought it because of the better display and the fact it has up to 5 tones. The tones allow veteran detectorists to watch the ground, rather than relying on the display so much. Considering what I have read, I've made the best choice, at least in the Garrett lineup. I've owned others along the way, but I keep going back to a standard which I learned over the years as a consistent winner.

My background is varied, but for the most part technically related mostly in the communications field.
 
I reread what I wrote several times before I posted it. Yet, I missed my own age! It should read 86+. Sorry!
 
Hello! I'm new here but have been exploring and looking for treasure and other cool stuff my whole life. I still remember when Fenn's treasure was found. I had plans to look for it that summer in Yellowstone but ended up moving instead. I'm trying harder to not miss out on the fun adventures now. Anyway, I'm in Utah :wave:
 
Hello! I'm new here but have been exploring and looking for treasure and other cool stuff my whole life. I still remember when Fenn's treasure was found. I had plans to look for it that summer in Yellowstone but ended up moving instead. I'm trying harder to not miss out on the fun adventures now. Anyway, I'm in Utah :wave:
Hi. So may be you found YOUR site now. Many stuff to explore here. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are so many helpful people aboard, I think someone will chime in for help.
So WELCOME abaord, @GaryUtah .😄😎
 
Hey All! My name is Mike Drake, Dr. h.c. in biblical archeology, adventurer and treasure hunter since young age. I was looking for a good Forum to exchange information and experiences. Yes haha i am also a whip swinger but it figured out as an absolutely important tool, also for the hundreds of different snakes in the jungles and rain forests. Currently i am adventuring in the Philippines. Discovering caves, archeological sites and of course with opened eyes and ears for any treasure here.
 
Hey All! My name is Mike Drake, Dr. h.c. in biblical archeology, adventurer and treasure hunter since young age. I was looking for a good Forum to exchange information and experiences. Yes haha i am also a whip swinger but it figured out as an absolutely important tool, also for the hundreds of different snakes in the jungles and rain forests. Currently i am adventuring in the Philippines. Discovering caves, archeological sites and of course with opened eyes and ears for any treasure here.
Welcome aboard, @Mike Drake .
Wow, sounds exciting. So good Luck on your adventures in the Philippines.🍀
 
Hi everyone,I’m excited to finally join the TreasureNet community! As you can probably guess from my username, my absolute favorite place to hunt is along the shoreline. There is nothing quite like listening to the waves while waiting for that perfect signal in the sand.Wishing you all clean swings and great targets. See you out on the beaches!
 
Hi everyone,I’m excited to finally join the TreasureNet community! As you can probably guess from my username, my absolute favorite place to hunt is along the shoreline. There is nothing quite like listening to the waves while waiting for that perfect signal in the sand.Wishing you all clean swings and great targets. See you out on the beaches!

Welcome to Treasurenet!
 
Hi everyone,I’m excited to finally join the TreasureNet community! As you can probably guess from my username, my absolute favorite place to hunt is along the shoreline. There is nothing quite like listening to the waves while waiting for that perfect signal in the sand.Wishing you all clean swings and great targets. See you out on the beaches!
Glad you joined, @Domy beach .
Yeah, I know that sweet sound on the beach. CU soon.😉😎⛱👍🤞🍀
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom