Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

larryjfr

Apr 30, 2012
pasco, wa.
Detector(s) used
MINELAB x-terra 705 w/ 7.5 and 18.75 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All. I live in Washington state, On the warm sunny, eastside. I am a member of the WSMA and we get to gether for outings. Gold prospecting. All for family fun but we do have the real equipment to find gold. Prospecting for gold in the North West is seasonal so when it shuts down I grab my metal detector and head out. Actually I play all year long. I have been detecting for about four years now and it has become a passion. As all metal dectorists know its all about getting out of doors, finding new places to detect and with the possibility of finding something exciting. Thanks for letting me into your club. Larry

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. I am WVPapaw, retired and in mid 60's. I am a newbie to detecting and would like some advice on Garrett detectors. Which model is the best, AT Gold or AT Pro? I have been doing a lot of research on here and the Internet in general, and I am ready to take up metal detecting. thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

aWaredetector

Feb 25, 2013
massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi folks. I'm a newbie from Western Massachusetts. Will be picking up my first detector,a Whites Coinmaster GT in two days. I'm hoping this is a good unit to start with. All I need is the ground here in Massachusetts to thaw. Looking forward to getting out there and sharing my finds with the community as well as reading your stories. Wish me luck as I delve into this fun and interesting hobby.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi folks. I'm a newbie from Western Massachusetts. Will be picking up my first detector,a Whites Coinmaster GT in two days. I'm hoping this is a good unit to start with. All I need is the ground here in Massachusetts to thaw. Looking forward to getting out there and sharing my finds with the community as well as reading your stories. Wish me luck as I delve into this fun and interesting hobby.

Keep me posted.....I too am waiting for my first trip (as soon as the ground thaws)....good luck to you.

Happy Hunting!

Y-its Gold

Feb 24, 2013
Eastvale, California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everone, I live in Eastvale located in Southern California on the boarder of Brea and Chino Hills and I'm new to gold prospecting. My father in eastern Washington has gotten me a little gold crazy for the past year. In fact he was the one that turn me on to this sight. Ive already used some of the Diy threads to build a couple of things and hope to meet some local people to go prospecting with.

donb0078

Feb 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
atm, whites sl II classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, all. I'm Don. i'm not really a treasure hunter...
I'm a prospector/collector and I've done a lot of it going on 9yrs every chance I get. Until recently, I mainly went for gem material but last year I did both gems and gold I went to N Carolina on a very informative mission. To learn more about gold and the processes use to find it, I've been a gpaa member for 2 of 3 years taking one off because of finances. I'm currently in the process of starting a jewelry business with my finds and whatever I think is cool but I need gold w/o paying for it outright. I've been watching gold rush shame the season is over D: now what to do with the rest of winter...oh yea keep working my stones and dreaming about heading up to Alaska...I'm currently doing a lot of research on that state, thinking that gem and gold combo would be nice. Will probably take another year or two to get there unless i could buddy up with a bunch like the Hoffman crew did...hehe they won't answer my e-mails either don't really blame them they probably get bombarded. Anyway, happy hunting , Don

Dirk Pitt

Greenie
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! Great site, lots of good info. I recently have caught the gold bug, and hope to use your knowledge and experience to help me with that, who knows, I may be able to help some of you as well. Bob

BigBob

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2013
Tucson, Az.
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning, I go by BigBob & I'm in S. Arizona. While I have checked out lots of old Ghost Towns around & visited many old mines I didn't concentrate on MDing them. Now that the kids are grown & out I'm kicking back & getting some renewed interest back. Right now the gold aspect is of particular interest especially with the soaring prices.
I have a BH lonestar. It does OK for coins & the like but I'm wanting to look to the hills for some gold.

DiggerDan131

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. I'm Danny from PA. New to this site & new to detecting. I actually got my Ace 250 last summer but didn't go out much. Now I'm just waiting for the ground to thaw so I can start fresh. I have some questions that I'm sure I'll find the answers to here.

JSpinner

Feb 16, 2013
Northwest - Idaho
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello RGinVA!
Hey, thanks for the excellent research tip. I would have never thought about searching the library of congress for maps, deeds, etc. What an excellent tip! Keep us posted when you come across exciting stuff. I love history as much as I love outdoors and detecting. Good luck with your hunting. Be prosperous.

jonnygood

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all this is my intro, i am in south eastern pa in the Levittown area, i am looking for people to junt with, i am primarily always available for a hunt, i have a few areas i am working on getting access to, and would love to go anywhere, i am currentlt scanning my yard and my parents yard and soon my aunts. if u r interested in huntomg together feel free to pm me.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. I'm Danny from PA. New to this site & new to detecting. I actually got my Ace 250 last summer but didn't go out much. Now I'm just waiting for the ground to thaw so I can start fresh. I have some questions that I'm sure I'll find the answers to here.

Where in Pa, Dan? I am in nepa Luzerne co.

Happy Hunting!

Cramsey6

Feb 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I live in Corona ca and am looking for somewhere decent to take my kids panning just to have some fun and get then out of the house. I welcome any thoughts and suggestions on where to go. Thank you:-)

lightning79

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
I live in Sunny Central Florida and just found and joined the site. I love to detect the St. Pete / Clearwater area on the Gulf side of the state and Sebastian Inlet to Ft. Pierce on the East side. Just purchased an AT PRO and cant wait to get it in the field. Kellyco is right in my backyard and they have great people there ready to help. From what I see, looks like there's a lot of great info on this site and many experienced detectors sharing their knowledge. Can't wait to explore the site!

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all! I am Layn. Hence the user name lol, I live near Boise Idaho. i was bitten by the gold bug about a year ago even though I have never been out prospecting. I have been planning and building all of my own equipment all winter and I will be getting out there this spring. Been on here for a few days now. Guess I missed this page. Reed Is how I found out about the site too. Saw him yaking about it in one of his videos. Im subscribed on youtube. I have vids on mine too doitlaynstyle's channel - YouTube

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This place is great !! Have fun and post your treasures when you find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread