Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Eman2112

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
New Orleans, La.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fishhead1

Feb 10, 2013
Cameron,N.C.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 2 and a Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been out of it for awhile but have got the bug again.Upgraded from my Whites Classic 2 to a Garrett At Gold,which is a totally different way of what I was used to.Great site to be on.

chuncho

Feb 10, 2013
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my name is Chuncho. I am from star dust and am new to detecting and live in Wisconsin. Hola.

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
Hello everyone.
Me and friend bought a lode claim "out west" live in Ohio. So glad to find site. Need all the advice we can get lol. Got lots of books and basic equipment. Got a detector but only a bounty hunter gold digger I believe is the model. Wanting to find a second detector used if possible since 1000 for a detector not in budget. Anyhow hopefully can chat with folks here to learn as much as I can. Going to get motorized rock crusher and recirculating sluice (1300) thus my search for used detector

Last edited:

Rick Mo.

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2013
Howdy ,I'm Rick in Missouri. I bought a a.h.pro in the early 80's.Found a little silver., some wheats and a couple rings the first year I had it., then work kept me from it for a very long time. l retired and moved to the Ozarks., have 45 acres and on one part of it is an old cellar hole.Well two new batteries in the old detector and we're off and running and having a blast. O yes the pro pointer is on the way., Rick.

Dewdigger

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re:Scurvy_seadog;

The best detector out there is Minelab's Excalibur II , works in oceans and on land. It will set you back a few bucks, but it will pay for itself, especially at the beach where others cannot go(totally submerged)! I live in tidewater VA, I know from experience

digemup

Jan 26, 2013
Southside, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Garret Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone...my name is Joe from southside va. I've been detecting for a year and a half and I've been hooked ever since. I am looking for more members here to get a group together!

salvage diver

Feb 11, 2012
Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites-DFX & Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scurvy_seadog said:
Hi every one new to all this my wife felt i needed a hobby so she told me to go find some thing I want to do. I always wanted to do this. I am sort a retired Navy not in the navy just working on 20 plus years of honey do's. So I am looking for a good metal detector mid price range I plan on using it at the ocean the most, I also would like it to be a good all around one too for land use and lakes. if any one here can point me in the right direction please.
Thank you

If you are going to get wet a Garrett Sea Hunter is what I like. Used about 350-450 on eBay.
Dry and affordable the technetics delta 4000 is what I started with and my wife uses it now. I now have a whites DFX and it will take me another year to get good with it. The VERY BEST detector has nothing to do with price. It is the one you can use understand and are comfortable with. Just have fun.

jpuck

Tenderfoot
Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So i am new to this site and just started my hunting adventure. Looking forward to gaining some good information here

Xsivone

Feb 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to All. I am from East of Dallas, Texas(Mabank). Just starting MDing about a month ago due to receiving a detector as a gift. So I will have alot of questions, by scanning a few of the threads, that will be answered by some of the best. I look forward to the knowledge that I learn and hope one day I can share. Thanks to the Admins for having this site.

jquincy

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a member of the Order of the Patriarchs Militant, which is a branch of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. I am on the Grand Lodge Museum Committee for the State of Texas. I am seeking to recover and collect artifacts that help us grow our traveling exhibits about secret societies in the United States and our permanent collection. If anyone ever comes across any items that appear to have strange markings and cryptic symbols that appear "Masonic" (which is what most people automatically assume when they find something that looks like a fraternal secret society), please let me know. I can at least probably help identify them and if they meet the criteria of what I'm looking for, I may be interested in working out some way to purchase the item or items from you. Thank you very much for your time and attention to this matter.

Crbattery

Feb 15, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all! Minnesota here. Hunting rolls of cents for cool coins and copper stacks. Ryedale and hand sorting. Great site here, I have learned alot from you folks aleady.

LexLMT

Feb 15, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
I don't have one...am looking to buy one and find others to detect with.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I'm Todd from Lexington Kentucky and am going to get into this hobby. Haven't purchased a detector yet....still weighing the options but thinking about an ACE 250...any thoughts?

dawnied56

Feb 17, 2013
Chicago, IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Chicago Illinois! This is my first visit to T-net. I'm a single mom of 2. I've been looking for a hobby to get into for the short Chicago summers. My son got a metal detector for Christmas and to tell you the truth, he couldn't care less. But I was in my glory. I can't wait to hit the beaches of Lake Michigan as soon as the weather warms up. I was wondering if anyone has prospected these areas or if anyone can recommend any good spots in the Chicago area? I live on the northwest side of the city but have a vehicle so I have no limits. That's what brought me to search the internet and find this site. I'm anxious to hear back from anyone in my area that shares my interest.

Last edited:

nomad1

Feb 17, 2013
Southaven, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Lone Star Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi yall,
My name is John (nomad1). I am a retired geologist/microscopist and I just bought my first metal detector 2 days ago and so far have found 2 pennies and a whole lot of pull tabs and crushed beer cans.
I am looking for an organization I might join in my area. I live in Southaven Mississippi, Desoto county. Anyone out there know of any I would appreciate hearing from you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread