Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

JSpinner

Feb 16, 2013
Northwest - Idaho
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Idaho

Hello from Idaho.:hello:
I stumbled on this site while searching for information on how to start detecting. Planning to take the grand kids out to cure 'cabin fever.' They're out from school on President's Day, so thought it would be fun to spend some time outdoors. The deal is we split our findings, so to give them an incentive to give this new project a starting chance. (They're pre-teens and can't seem to get away from their games and phones.) However, they're pretty excited to try this out.
I welcome tips for starters and could use a lot of luck.:newbie:

I don't see any Northwestern's here. I doubt if we're the 1st ones. If you're from the Northwest, please pay me a visit so we can chat about good locations to detect. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it.... JS
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Howdy from Virginia. Started relic hunting in my backyard (Cold Harbor Battlefield, trenches still there) as a child in the 60s, following my dad who started in '55. Used his modified GI mine detector until he bought a Metrotech in the 70s. Quit hunting 30 years ago, but borrowed a Nautilus LF about a year ago and got bitten by the bug again. Recently purchased a Tesoro Tejon and love it. My Mom's yard has been scoured for over 50 years, recently by guys with high tech machines. Took the tejon out, took literally 3 steps from my truck and dug an Eagle I button. Yeah, I'm hooked again.

creativ44

Feb 17, 2013
Apopka, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ya'll. I am from Central Florida, so most of my time is spent researching shipwrecks and walking beaches in search of booty from the Plate Fleet. I have also lived in Colorado and Georigia, so I plan vacations around gold prospecting. I had an old Bounty Hunter detector, but it bit the dust. Saving for a state-of-the-art metal detector.

n2dafyre

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, My name is Mike and I am in NW Pennsylvania. My main goal is to look for gold in some of the glacial hit areas. I may decide to go to metal detecting as well, but not this year. I wanna look for gold. I know the chances of finding it are just shy of getting hit by lightning, but I a researching fool. If my winter efforts have any thing to do with my chances, then I have it made. I have over 15 different types of maps of the same area, with points and plots and s
ctreams. I cant wait.

jeff s

Greenie
Feb 17, 2013
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
prospecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hellow all i have been reading the fourms for awhile and must say what a welth of information look forward to chating with you all from time to time i am a fairly new prospector/ treshure hunter with a terable feaver for hunting treasure and gold wich there is no cure. Gold pics j.jpg

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Had a Fisher as a kid but can't recall which one. Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I am RvPrepper, yes I believe in Prepping but just food, water and no guns on board, natural disasters concerns me the most, not being invaded. I want to get into Metal Detecting as a hobby, had one as a kid once. I also take lots of photo's around the country.
I live in a 30' Rv and do some traveling with my wife and 2 Cat's. I starting watching Diggers which got me interested in Metal Detecting and we have been to some places I think would be fun to detect in. I am a Disabled Trucker. I hauled mostly government stuff back in the day. I have been in some real back places with the Jeep. Would have been great spots for detecting.
I plan on the Garrett 350 from Kellyco cause of getting it with option 2 with all those goodies.

RvPrepper

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
FIRST METAL DETECTOR,GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone,im new to metal detecting but i love it iv spent most of my time to this point learning my ace 250 and researching areas to dig its all gone well but i could use a partner to go out and detect with i live in lincoln city oregon,and would love to get a partner to hunt with any tips on how to find locals in my area who are into detecting ? iv researched clubs but they are all a few hour drive away none seem to be closer any tips would help thanks

JasonHanscom

Jul 16, 2010
Columbia, MD
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Okay, I've made it back to this fourm, hoping to find some local people in MD to go hunt with, alot of areas here require permits etc..!
Let me know if your in the MD Laurel/Ft. Meade areas..

For Airborne

Feb 18, 2013
Pskov Russia
Detector(s) used
x-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey.I from Russia, learned about your нunky dory site from here Rusklad.com
I will be glad to communication with hunters of treasures. DSCF0523.jpg

Last edited:

butcher

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I'm Butch from Oklahoma. I started looking for some gold bars about 30 years ago. I had recently gotten married and bought a house out in the boonies. I then found out that an old wagon trail had been literally located in my back yard and that a gang of bank robbers had been shot up by a posse there. They had supposedly had buried some gold bars there before all but one of the outlaws were killed. I got a metal detector and it started going off in the place where it was supposed to be. Well, I got a backhoe and dug down 20 feet until I hit bedrock. The thing is the metal detector still did and does now go off at that spot. I didn't have the means then, but I could now do some blasting and other things I couldn't then, but I no longer own the place. I've talked to the owner and he doesn't really want to do any blasting without some more evidence.I have found out that Oklahoma does have some rocks with gold in them but it is too costly to get it out. I have been wanting to find some place that rents one of the ground penetrating machines that are used to find bodies, water and gas lines, but I can't find one at a reasonable price. I also wouldn't mind getting a professional involved at a percentage, but I don't know how. I'm 62 years old now and living (if you can call it that) off of a small disability check, so I have to be real careful if I bring someone else in on it. Like I said, I don't know anything about getting professionals involved- where to find them, what percentage is usually involved, etc. I'm new here, so I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but I just wanted to ask if anybody out there could help me either to rent one of those underground things or finding a professional treasure hunter that I can trust.

Well, thanks for "listening" to me, and you all have a good day!

Butch
[email protected]

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all. I,m new here and am already enjoying the very interesting and helpful people.
Thanks.:)
TJE

Fletch 13

Feb 3, 2013
New Castle, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from NW Pennsylvania. Waiting for the ground to thaw so I can finally try this E-Trac out!

Jim P

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi from Texas...I am an old guy who used to metal detect when I was in my 30's..Am now 73 going on 74
with some time on my hands, and the itch to go back to doing what I really enjoyed doing..I live in East Texas
and want to look for old coins, relics and things like that..I collected country-type antiques for 40 + years,
but have lost interest in that..I have almost decided to buy a Bounty Hunter Platinum. Any advice about that
would be appreciated..Am really glad I found this site..When I get too old and feeble to do it myself, I can enjoy
reading about what you young folks are finding...Thanks for reading this!!

heniek

Feb 5, 2013
SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher, 1265, 1266x cz6, cz 20,garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to all from SC. I'm Retired in the Myrtle Beach area and looking forward to hearing about all the good finds posted here on TNET. Been hunting for many years and have found some nice items mostly along the beaches. It is a great hobby and gets you out in the fresh air, keeps you healthy. Good luck to all and thanks for posting!
regards,
heniek

RGinVA

Feb 11, 2013
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Lone Star
Found yesterday. I have been told it is a Tutelo Indian (C.A.1740-1760) tool or weapon. Can anyone give me their opinion as to what it looks like. to me it looks paleo or clovis period, but it is not flint?

I live in the southwest part of VA. Been and have completed a lot of research regarding the area I live. A good research tool is the library of congress website; the site offers maps, deeds, and photos of historical towns and events. I also fond PDF version of a deed from 1809 for my property was part of a land transfer- very cool. This week I will be hunting a few old plantation sites I have received permission to search on.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Attachments

• image-36469936.jpg
    image-36469936.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 106

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from NE Pa.....anyone have any concerns or praise for a Garrett GTAx 500? I am as new as it gets so any help is greatly appreciated.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi from the other corner of Pa, lol. Good luck....I happen to be right in the middle of many old coal mining operations....can't wait to get out there and find whatever those old miners left me:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

ret-detector

Feb 20, 2013
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings to all...from Central Florida, Go Gators!

I'm about as new to MD as one can be, and I'm still waiting for my first purchase of an AT Pro and a Pro Pointer. I am retired twice, and hope to stay that way. I have enough time on my hands to really enjoy this new hobby. I am looking forward to learning as much as I can.

ret

RGinVA

Feb 11, 2013
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Lone Star
Hi from southwest VA. Have done and am continuing research on plantations, Native American and general history in the Roanoke or know prior to 1858, Big Lick VA. Named Big Lick by the Tuturo Indian Indian tribe due to the salt content of the ground and all the wild game it attracted.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Bud12345

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I just bought a metal detector, interested In learning...I am from eastern upstate N.Y. Around lake George, saratoga battlefield area. Just a short trip looking to learn about metal detecting just got a garret ace 350 pro to learn with good or bad made a choice.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread