Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I'm thinking about getting into metal detecting as a way to get some exercise and have some fun on the beach. Is there anyone out there who can give me some guidance on the rules or laws about detecting on Florida's Gulf Coast beaches. I'm a new comer to all of this and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your ideas and information.

Mike

Mike post this in under our Metal Detecting/Beach and Water section to get answers....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening! Been going through lots of boxes and found some coins. Interested in finding out the value.

Need to post this under the metal detecting forum to get answers.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I am from Pheonix, AR and i like this forum very much so far.

Welcome to TN... Good luck....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from West Chester, PA. I'm very new to detecting. Just got my AT Pro yesterday! Had fun turning my front and back yard into swiss cheese!! Found a 1937 Mercury Dime and some silver quarters. Not bad for never using a MD before. Hoping to find someone close by to detect with to get some pointers from.

Welcome To TreasureNet. ...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi im a newbie from California, how do I start my own thread of questions??help!

Just above where you found this forum is Help Forum..

Rick4570

Jun 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab 800 Equinox, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all.... new member to this site.....but not to prospecting recently retired and looking foward to go prospecting again. i live in southern california and am looking for others in the area that might want to get together and do some prospecting....luck to all.
Rick

Last edited:

KKmccoy

Jun 5, 2014
Hookstown, pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, My name is Karen I am from hookstown, pa. I love the outdoors and I love to pick up rocks of all kinds. I joined to see if anyone knows what the rock is that I found I know it is hematite but I think it may be an indian plummet, I work a lot so don't get on very often.

trashman

Jun 6, 2014
edgewater
Detector(s) used
bountyhunter trk4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello to all, im new to treasure hunting(mding) by about 20 hours. love all the info and finds . so far ive found (as the name says lol)poptops,nails, a hammer,6.00 in clad, a gold and a silver earring. mostly hunt the local beachs so far.having a blast with this hobby.

RockAli

May 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! New member from Cali here. Can't wait to Get started.

Fellow_Man

Jun 9, 2014
Citrus Heights CA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello, My name is John,
I am a new member from Northern California. I look forward to meeting some of you with similar prospecting interests in the future. I mostly Pan and Sluice in the various American river forks and occasionally further up in the mountains when I have the chance. I will be trying out some sniping equipment this summer as well. I hope to catch up with some of you on the river soon.

-John

bradley226

Jun 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi- I am new to this thread and I guess I need to wander around. Maybe my question has already been answered! Does anyone know a maker mark that is back to back capitol B? Looked a lot and can't find it-Please help!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DevildogID

Jun 10, 2014
SW Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello, Stuck in Oklahoma from North Idaho. Just lurking and learning. Making a trip home next month and hiking into some back country.
Hope my Bazooka sniper arrives in time. Also just received a Fissureman belt mount hand dredge. (anyone use one of these?)
Thanks in advance
Semper Fi

Brian1968

Jun 6, 2014
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I'm a newbie to this site from Massachusetts. Looking forward to reading and writing posts here!

JosephSneed

Jun 14, 2014
Bartlett, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys! My name is Joseph, and I just bought my first metal detector..... a Bounty Hunter IV and I'm ready to find some loot! lol I own Old School Homemade Cookies. If you live in the Memphis, TN area, you probably have eaten our butter cookies that were sitting in a basket or on top of the counter at one of the many gas stations that carry them... Hope to learn a lot from you all.... thanks!

Walter65

Jun 8, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texan and new to MD, living in the north Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex. Been doing a little on my own and find this very interesting. I have a AT Pro and it seems to work very well. Have found lots of junk and clad coins nothing to write home about. Hoping to find better things but I am open to finding someone with like interest.

Jerrod

Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello,

My name is Jerrod. I'm new to all of this. I live pretty close to most of the major '49 gold rush sites in Northern California and am getting into prospecting as a hobby. A friend gave me a cheapy Famous Trails rig he bought at a garage sale for $8 and I've found a few coins and three sprinklers I didn't even know I had in my back yard. I'm already thinking about saving up for a nice detector in the not too distant future. I love getting out there in nature and digging about. I look forward to learning a lot of stuff here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread