Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

coachbedford

Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
newbby intro

New here from mayfield ky I work on the river and wanted to say hi

Hello,
I have been lurking for a while. I have to admit I've done much better as a coin collector than a coin FINDER with my metal detector. Still, I love looking at the WHAT IS IT posts here, because more and more I am finding stuff with my metal detector (precious few old coins though) that I have no clue about-- and to me that is fascinating. I live out in California and do some teaching out there.

John5280

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2014
Denver CO.
Primary Interest:
Other
Name's John from Denver. I have triplet boys and we love being in the outdoors looking for great finds, or as they call them " Keepers"

rpalt1

Jun 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I'm new to metal detecting. I'm from northport NY {long Island} I received a bounty hunter quick draw 2 for fathers day and after a few short excursions have found 3 quarters 2 dimes and a couple of pennies plus 2 fishing sinkers To me thats success lol I just have to figure out where to go detecting and get used to the settings on the machine. I'm impressed with it so far When it says something is 6 inches deep it's 6 inches deep. I look foward to all your experiance, i'm sure i'll be addicted in no time lol Rich Placilla

nfdk2002

Feb 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for some new spots in Rhode Island to hunt, anyone want to share a spot with me?

zazito

Mar 13, 2014
Brooklyn (NY)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody!My name Alex,I am 26 years old live in Brooklyn.I am interestiig to find a partner for hunt in upstate NY.

UKY

Jun 25, 2014
Edmonton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New member from Alberta. Love the site! Started prospecting this year! I work in an open pit coal strip mine so I get to see some really cool buried things. For starters how to I create my own thread? I would like to post some pictures of my first prospecting trip! Thanks:)

Jun 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy from western slope of Colorado. Hope I can post some finds on here soon. Good luck hunting everyone!!

Redddog

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2014
S.E. Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Redddog here, new to site. Looking to put my Keene dredge in the water in S.C. with my nephew. Heard navigable waters are public. Looking for some hot spots to have an adventure with my nephew. Any help would be appreciated.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy from Western NC

xtremes15

Jul 4, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- lone star
New one coming real soon!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
from southern VA, ready to get back into the hobby again, new detector coming soon, probably stupid question too........

waterwader

Jul 5, 2014
washington state
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x aquanaut
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello fellow treasure seekers, I am an avid metal detectorist from Washington state, I have around 20+years
metal detecting land and water, also I have many years involvement in Gold Prospecting and Gem Hunting.

I am looking for a partner from the Lake Stevens, Washington area, who wants to detect old town sites I
know of, I know of a old restaurant which operated close to my house and bet has never been scanned
with a searchcoil before. I will not say where? This is just 1 area I know of. as stated I have many years
experiance using detectors on land and water, I use a Fisher 1280x Aquanaut now.

Jul 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for having me. i have many things i would love to discuss. antiques to treasures. and i realy need advice on things iv found. . kind of a hunter. but today i met a guy . and i know its off subject. but he was at the ya drang in viet nam. and folks . the movie . " we were soldiers" , ain't right. the nepalm strike that was mis directed. wasn't a private. the coronel directed that . screwed up and history was written . by who?? Not the men there. also . they were there for days. before a coronel ever came out. and. then!!! They got air cover and artillary. tom wine is 71 and i met him today.

Hixtonhead

Sep 9, 2013
north central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites,minelab,1976 garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello,I'm an avid native American artifact hunter from central Wisconsin. I've been artifact hunting in this region for approx. 20 years and have accumulated quite a number of arrowheads,axeheads,celts,coppers,& many other misc. artifacts. I also have recently started the journey of learning to operate my Minelab explorer. I originally joined this site last year but didn't follow through I'd guess you could say. I've returned & will be sharing some pics & video I've taken on trips & have taken of some of my artifact finds. I look forward to getting to know the site & sharing with other members. Have a wonderful day & Happy hunting to all !

mouseman60

Jul 9, 2014
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro
Hi, I have a few hobbies like gold prospecting and metal detecting I have an mxt pro detector and a high banker for gold prospecting I live in northern california up by the Oregon border and if you don't know it's 7 hrs north of San Francisco another site that I go to is fine treasure mall it's been helpful and I'm sure this site has a lot of good stuff to learn to the more infor the better and I look forward at looking around so hey all I'm here.

onlinesteve

Greenie
Jul 13, 2014
Wheaton, IL/Columbus, OH
Detector(s) used
White Prizm 5G
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just at the Kenosha, WI beach near the Coast Guard Station, with my metal detector looking for buried loot...and was having a rough day. I found three bud light caps, a 70's pull tab and a penny. I got started in Florida renting a metal detector when I could afford it. I finally bit the bullet and now have a nice White Prizm 5G. I think I just need more practice with it....and maybe finding out tips from others that have been at it awhile. I just like soaking up the sun and having a hobby that gives me a reward once in a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread