Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

CaribooCam

May 27, 2015
The North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey fellow Prospectors and Metal Detectors. This is such a great site that combines all of my interests, except canoeing which is my main mode of transport while doing these activities. Using a canoe allows me access to a world that is less traveled by todays prospectors and relic hunters. Just wanted to say Hi to everybody and Happy Hunting!

Diamond-digger

May 28, 2015
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Old Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, diamond digger here. I'm a geologist and a prospector. Like to build recovery devices. Recently posted some stuff on a Pan American jig set-up I'm working on to prospect with.

Cuttin Plugs2

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2015
Tarheel State
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Spectrum E-Series,,,Whites Pro Coin Master,,,Beach HunterID, and love it...!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Cuttin Plugs2 and like this site. I live in the Tarheel state of NC, and looking for a few treasures.

May God bless.

Notyoman

Jun 1, 2015
San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I'm new here, I'd like to post a Question but cant seem to find where that is possible !!!!!
So this is my new member introduction thread....
Can someone identify these hallmarks, Please???????? View attachment 1169469

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, new member here. I'm from south Mississippi. I've thought about getting into detecting for a couple of years now. The TV show "Diggers" actually piqued my interest more, lol. I did a good bit of research online about detectors for beginners and finally went with the Garrett ACE 250. I almost went with the Fisher F2, but I've just become a fan of Garrett for some reason. Anyway, two people I know personally who said they might go detecting with me aren't able to do it now, so I'm looking for a local buddy or two and some places to go. I may post on the South Mississippi thread I saw. Glad to be on here.

blaydens

Jun 7, 2015
Renton
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am definitely a newbie! My husband and I are retired and live in Washington state. Our 9 year old grandson expressed an interest in "treasure hunting" which I'm sure is not unusual for a 9 year old! I thought I would try to find someplace within our state where we might find some sort of "treasure". Any suggestions on someplace relatively easy to get to would be appreciated. Happy hunting!

BlackbeardsGhost

Jun 7, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All! I can't figure out how to create a new thread to introduce myself! So i'll do it here: Hello, I'm James :) First of all, to continue what i stated in another post, Awesome finds, and great job to everyone out there on Treasurenet. I've been way too excited by all the posts and after my first attempt have to rethink some of the strategy. If anyone wants to partner up some time, let me know. I'm young and brand new to the hobby but I want to follow in all of your footsteps in finding awesome pieces of history. Also, If anyone has any advice for the philadelphia (apart from AC-i'll be there on June 20), but some more local areas considering the parks are off limits :(. Thanks again for everyone on TreasureNet for inspiring me!

I have an AT Pro and love to swim so if you have a swimming hole or submerged place that you want a partner for, I'm your person :)

I'll be hitting AC this summer and hopefully a bunch of other beaches along the jersey shore. In addition I've started doing some research on jersey shipwrecks that might have washed some history up on the beaches. Hopefully I will be able to find some great history with all of you. If you want to exchange ideas, or want to go hunting, just reach out to me!

Btw, i mentioned my first run with the metal detector didn't go so well. I hit a local Ford where they used to cross the Schuylkill before they had bridges but it was tough digging and all i got was iron and aluminum. I got a lot of 80-90 signals only to dig up aluminum cans. Has anyone else had this problem with the AT pro and any suggestions?

See you out there!
James

RMG

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to metal detecting but my brother has been doing it for years now. He's found a lot of exciting finds (which got me interested in it). I'm ready to start digging!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I'm a new member from wv how do I start a thread thanks in advance
Hello and welcome to TreasureNet. You don't say how you access TN, PC, smartphone or tablet and aps.

If PC, go to forum you want thread in, look just below the banner of finds left side at top there is bar that says start new thread, click on it and write your post. Be sure your title is correct for what you want including spelling as members can't edit the title once posted, but can edit their post.

cj gibson

Jun 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello I have something I have found and not sure what it is like to see if anyone can help I am new to hunting and I love it I have a pic of it on my phone

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello I have something I have found and not sure what it is like to see if anyone can help I am new to hunting and I love it I have a pic of it on my phone
Hello and welcome to TN...
Post it in our "What is it" sub forum found under "Our Discoveries" forum. This is our introduction thread..

Danny Edwards

Jun 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola!! I am watching a friend's property in Soutern PA, 100 y/o farmhouse, a couple of old as well as newish buildings on it. Been finding some cool cast iron pieces as well as hundreds of canning jars, mostly clear, some blue, some green and some wire sided ones. Lots of plates and such, as well. Nice to find this site and share some nostalgia with like minded people. My friend has some money issues, so be patient with me, as I would like to help them out by figuring out what is valuable and so forth. Again, thanks for being here, there are some unique stories behind all this stuff!!!

lindy325

Jun 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my name is Lindy. I am from London ON Canada. New to this hobby, so far loving it. Looking to meet others near me and learn about this new hobby.

GZED

Jun 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time here...a little intro :)

Hi and thanks for having such an awesome forum. My name is Greg and we recently got into looking for artifacts now that are 2 kids are at the age where we can really go on some nice family hikes. Our son, especially, has taken to looking for arrowheads. My wife just found what she (and our son and daughter) believe is our first "arrowhead" find but I have my doubts. After searching the web we found this site so I will post a photo and see what you experts have to say. I just wanted to post an introduction here :) Thanks for having us! We hike and camp often in NE Pennsylvania but try to travel out of state as much as possible.
Thanks!
Greg, (Linda, Lizzie and David)

WickedHunter

Greenie
Jun 23, 2015
Fresno, CA
Detector(s) used
Searching for one
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my name is Ryan I recently got started in protecting and treasure hunting, will be moving to Kern County area soon. PS my kids are looking forward to this as well

waterboy1975

Jun 30, 2015
Albany
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro with NEL Big Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to this site and I'm looking forward to meeting folks with the same passion for metal detecting. I live and work in the Albany GA area. I work nights; I'm always up for an good hunt after work. I devote as much time as much time as possible to researching area history that sometimes leads to productive hunts... I also enjoy hunting and fishing.

Eandyil

Jul 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I'm a transplant to West Virginia, I am originally from Arizona. I'm not completely new to hunting, though I wouldn't say I'm all that successful at it. I'm new to the site though, looking forward to getting to knowing a few of you better. Happy hunting! o/

lablover

Jul 5, 2015
Chester Co. PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am from Chester Co. PA and am new to the site and am new to metal detecting. Looking forward to learning from everyone!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread