Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

old_newbie

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2014
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster gt, Fisher F2, Tesoro bandido 2 umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired and have always wanted to metal detect. Started last year and have joined a club. Clubs are so valuable, by having people who have been doing it from 5 years to 20 years answering questions and getting valuable tips. First and foremost, every club lives by the Metal Detecting Code of Ethics. For every person that abides by the code, 10 more do not. I really believe those are the people who cause MD'ing bans. For every piece of trash I find it never discourages me. It is about the items you dig up as a piece of history. I just want to learn as much as possible to take with me when I'm detecting. I have searched the Chicago Parks nearby and ave never been bothered by park employees. I have learned that the park district frowns at using shovels, but want you to use an edge digger / sod cutter. The only thing said to me is if I'm having luck. Joined because the board has many valuable posts.

Signal Peak

Jul 14, 2015
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, from a newbie in TEXAS! I am glad to be apart of this site. I prospect, pan, and detect, even a little hard rock mining. I am still green though, I've only started looking and hunting about 7 years ago, and only when I have time...

Boadiceacass

Jul 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys, I Live on the Gold Coast, Australia. I Landed here whilst looking for Info on a Belt Buckle. I noticed that another member has one also and is looking for Info. It is from The Great American (Chicago) Buckle Company. Limited Edition. They are all Numbered on the Back. Mine is 530 and on Ebay another one is listed for $50.00 US.
My Sister Mum and I are all Artistic and interested in Treasures. I Love Ancient Civilisations, Especially Egypt and Assyria, Mesopotamia etc...but Anything 'Shite and Briny' gets my attention.
Really looking forward to poring over this site and discovering how to Fly it!
Warmest Regards from Oz ;)

Chrimsum

Jul 16, 2015
Milam, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter ~ Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings. I'm really excited about finding TreaureNet. I live in a very rural area of Deep East Texas also known as The Piney Woods. Last year I researched Lost Treasures and Lost Loot in my area to include the El Camino Real. The results inspired me to purchase a metal detector. I've made a few trips around a couple locations nearby where I found a few old keys, a padlock and a couple silver coins. I used satellite imaging to find the tell tale shapes of old building foundations. I'm hoping to connect with others in my area to hunt with. Mostly for safety. We have a large population of feral hogs out here and they can be aggressive. Very dangerous. In addition I know I would benefit with a more experienced hunter. There are many do's and don'ts in treasure hunting. Much of the property around here is private and I'm certain there are proper procedures for getting permission to access possible sites. All in all, I'm glad to be here and look forward to connecting with other treasure hunters in and around my area. And now...it's time for coffee.

gilgamesh8

Jul 19, 2015
Indianapolis
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi! Found this site a few days ago and I have been reading it since. The information is very helpful and i have learned many things. I just retired a few weeks ago and i hope to spend some quality time out and about looking for whatever my MD finds. I live on northeast side Indianapolis .

Jul 19, 2015
Pikes Peak area
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi, I am new to treasure net. I've been an arrowhead hunter since I was young. Most of my finds are from Texas and Indiana. We recently moved to the Pikes Peak area in Colorado and I have no clue where to hunt. Any ideas?

davo32

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm new to metal detecting angry am looking for sites to hunt in Southeast mississippi. Also looking for a hunting buddy.

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Like many, I have an assortment of hobbies I dabble in. Treasure hunting seems to be hard wired to me. The planning, the researching, the trip, the exercise and the anticipation of the find all make for a great mini adventure. Finding the time to do it is the catch. I live in Southern New Jersey, so the beach is the most convenient place for me metal detect. Maybe I'll see some of you "Down the Shore".

Chuck5211

Jul 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New member here from CT. Never done metal detecting but have always wanted to try it and I have a passion for American history. Looking for a detector now any suggestions for a nice entry level one that is works well for a good price. Thank all
Looking forward to posting some good finds when I get up and running. BTW great site with amazing information and finds

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. I'm from Ct. and I'm new to the site but familiar to it. Not new to treasure hunting though. Been metal detecting for about twenty years and also antique hunting/yard sale hunting as well. Love the site and hope to meet some new friends.

GOLD 72

Jul 24, 2015
CD Obregon Sonora Mex.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Colorado Gold Sticks Discovery Treasure Finder 900
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hellow my name is Jason im an American Mexican i live in CD. Obregon Sonora Mex. i am in need of help i have several places that that r 97% shure..[[[ gold coins and posibly bars]]] .lots of history about Mex and it;s gold...and i live right in the middel of a ton of it . i have a lot of family and more friends ton;s of history. i have Colorado Gold Sticks but i cant seem 2 make them work 4 me. iv tried everything 3 gold rings 2 gether and nothing iv shut of the box and practiced with water nothing. i also have a Whites XLT but it dont have the depth it needs 2 reach at least 2 meters. i will take u untill we pull out 20 gold coins each..so i can buy a good detector. if ur interested in a tresure hunt of a life time leave me a message here 4 all 2 enjoy and if ur interested we will work out the details in private. i will interduce u 2 many ppl give u some history and take u 2 exact places 4 future hunts good places because i would greatly appreciate the help the best of luck and God Bless

Last edited:

tampalam

Jul 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a new member. I am in Mexico and California. I found this site while looking for answers to a copper spike I have from a ship found off of the Yucatan in the Caribbean in the 1980's. I hope someone can help me get a rough identification of what it is. It is a blob, unlike the square and round ones I have seen and is 8 inches long.

Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Friends,

I'm another newbie and from Australia, looking forward to using this site it looks informative.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome very great site.

LuluPepperpot

Mar 27, 2015
West Hyannisport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I joined this site in March but just getting around to introducing myself now. I've always wanted a metal detector and finally got one for Christmas! I'm from Cape Cod Massachusetts, but the first 2 cool things I found, I found in the yard of someone I know in Lowell, MA. An Ingersoll pocket watch from the 1920's, and a Matchbox car from 1966 (I found a Mercedes!). I don't think they have much monetary value, but they're very cool. About 2 months ago I found my first indian head penny in the same yard. Haven't had as much luck on the Cape. I'd like to find more places to metal detect that AREN'T beaches. I've also found it a bit hard to be "inconspicuous" with all the tourists around in the summer.

Jayvols73

Jul 31, 2015
Burns, Tn
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am a newbie in Burns, Tn! I will be a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer in December! I have been in the Navy for 23 years. I took up this hobby in memory of my late great Uncle Joe, who used to use clothes hangers that crossed to detect, I believed anything as a kid, hahaha but he would really find things and he loved looking for treasures! So I have a low end Bounty Hunter and have enjoyed every hunt regardless of the finds or lack thereof! I look forward to some great info and seeing others finds! Thanks!

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put together a website of my father along with some of the photos
related to the Superstition Mountains & the Lost Dutchman Mine, Peralta codes.
I've had requests. Sorry it took so long!
Thanks,
Carrol
Link:

Bio Carrol

Charles B

Aug 2, 2015
Middleburg,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Explorer 1000 / GARRETT ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to this site. I am in Middleburg, Fl. and looking to get back into metal detecting. Waiting for my new detector to arrive. Decided to get the Garrett 350. Going to hit the beaches. This way the wife can catch some rays while I walk the sand. It is a win win. Use to take the kids with me to the parks and neigh orhoods. Anyone in and around the Jacksonville Florida area.

Benhuntn

Greenie
Jul 31, 2015
Charles County, Md
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Benhuntn here as a newbie, I will take delivery of my new AT PRO on Wednsday and start the process of learning. I retired June 1st and this is my new hobby. I am looking for places to detect in So. Maryland. Looking forward to gaining much needed information from the others hunters.

Coin Dog

Aug 3, 2015
Sandy Level VA
Detector(s) used
XP deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone from South central VA. Not new to detecting but getting back into it. Currently have new XP Deus I am learning but in the past used a Whites detector as a kid and a couple of Different Garret Freedom models in the 80's. Anyone in the area looking for a detecting buddy?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread