What's new

Well.....100$ in 1/2s

alpha105

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
853
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.....100$ in 1/2's

I figured my first time buying halves was just bad luck......

Guess not......i bought $100 in halves this morning......totally skunked.....nothing before 1971

Bought a box of pennies to go with it....ill post the results of that tonight.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Well.....100$ in 1/2's

You're not alone my friend. After about two months of this hobby, 3 boxes from different banks and about $3000 in hand rolls from 30 banks in a 60 mile radius I've come up with about 12 40%, 1 Franklin and 1 90% 1964. That's not to mention the disgusted looks I get from tellers who either think I crazy, trying to cheat someone out of something or just causing them unnecessary work. I don't like to be a pessimist but I'm beginning to think this may not be the hobby for me.
 
Re: Well.....100$ in 1/2's

$1k a week here and if i get 5 keepers in a week i consider it a good week.....im the kinda person that will always pick up a penny off the ground...will always explore stuff....i just like doin this....the harder the search the more satisfying the reward
 
Re: Well.....100$ in 1/2's

The roll, box or bag that you pick up next will be the dream find. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.
 
Re: Well.....100$ in 1/2's

When I started searching rolls I became discouraged at first. Then i found my first Barber half, in my first $500 worth. The Barber was the lone silver in someone's dumps. Then i found my 1st Walking Liberty, then my 1st Franklin, all loners in machine rolled clad halves. Thats when I decided that this is going to be a hobby, and I am sure not going to become a millionare doing it.

Just keep plugging away, and the good ones will come.

AMC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom