Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, a pretty sad week this week, 12 boxes searched ='s

Hey everyone, well this week has been pretty rough, I just finished my last 2 boxes for the week, which makes 12 total, and they were skunks. This is all I got this week out of 12 boxes, 10 skunks, 1 box with 3 Magicians with one missing the back and an 87, and 1 box with this 65 in it uuhhgg. Seems my last 3 weeks have just dropped off here lately, don't know if it has anything to do with the skunk wraps that have invaded my boxes the last 3 weeks or not, but, something is different for sure. Next week I'm searching 14 boxes so I'm hoping for better results. On a brighter note, one of my nice tellers caught me as I was leaving the bank 2 days ago and said she had 2 silver halves for me so I went back to her area and sure enough she handed me a Walker and a Ben, she wanted one of my Magicians coins for her son so I went back yesterday and brought her one and she was very happy, but still a crappy week for boxes.

Infowarrier, if you read this, I put a couple of picks in here to show you a 1976 that I got last week that played tricks on me too when I saw it, it looked like silver from the rim but it isn't, I've had a few of these come through and I hate it when it happens, it looks to be plated or something, but not painted, hope that helps for your question on your other thread. Good luck to everyone hunting today!

HH, Maverick. P.S. sorry the picks got out of order, the last pick is my box finds.

Attachments

• DSCN0084.JPG
    DSCN0084.JPG
    944.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN0086.JPG
    DSCN0086.JPG
    745.5 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN0087.JPG
    DSCN0087.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 122
  • DSCN0088.JPG
    DSCN0088.JPG
    816.3 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN0082.JPG
    DSCN0082.JPG
    1,016 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, wishing you more luck. I think you need to switch up your hunting strategy. Try ordering boxes from other banks, go out of your normal territory, change to dimes, go on a CWR binge around town, and other towns close to you. I think a skunk streak is only a sign to give your current strategy a rest and develop a new one. I hope you get a nice boatload of silver soon!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Weasel, my searching territory is about a 50-80 square miles around me and I order from about 8 different branches spread out through that, I've tried ordering from different suppliers with skunk results, I think I'm just in a part of the carriers stash that is consisting of others dumps right now, hopefully between me and the other hunters we will get past those and into some good boxes again. I realize it's a cycle we go through, I just hate when I hit this part of the cycle. I have a lot of competition for CWR's in my area, including the tellers, but I am still the only one who orders boxes from my banks, so thats a good thing. I was told that 1 guy has started to order a box every now and then at one of my branches though, but nothing regular every week like I do she said. HH, Maverick.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a lot of territory. Wow, I hope some good luck comes your way. Another suggestion... for CWRs.... Old people rise early, and go to the bank early to deposit their old coins. Early bird gets the worm in this game... Good luck!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta deal with the skunks to get the keepers... Week after week of nothing is what made me eventually start doing volume in dimes.. It really helps with the long streaks.. Keep hunting weasel. The Ag will come to you in time.. Stay positive.. You had better weeks starting out than I have ever had in 4 years of hunting.. It will come to you again...

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer on all the skunks. My area has dropped off significantly also, lots of skunks. Something definitely changed in the coin supply very suddenly. That said, I will still randomly get a box with 20-40 coins in it, just very infrequently.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Bummer on all the skunks. My area has dropped off significantly also, lots of skunks. Something definitely changed in the coin supply very suddenly. That said, I will still randomly get a box with 20-40 coins in it, just very infrequently.

Ya, thats about hows it's been here, about every 12 -15 are skunks and then 1 or 2 give up something. I don't like these new black and white wraps too much, maybe they are from a different carrier or something. We'll see what next week brings, hopefully something! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta deal with the skunks to get the keepers... Week after week of nothing is what made me eventually start doing volume in dimes.. It really helps with the long streaks.. Keep hunting weasel. The Ag will come to you in time.. Stay positive.. You had better weeks starting out than I have ever had in 4 years of hunting.. It will come to you again...

Hey CC, I would change what I search but, it took a while to get my system in place and working good and I have that feeling that the minute I stop an order that will be the week I miss out on the dream box of halves lol, I'm sure I'm not the only one with that fear too. HH, Maverick.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting thing about wraps. I have noticed my suppliers sometimes get a new batch of wraps that are made from a different material, the are all yellow/white, but the paper changes from time to time. I was getting boxes for a while with coins wrapped in an off yellow/greenish wrapper. Almost like the printer was running low on toner or something lol.

I agree with the fellow who suggested hitting the CRWs a little harder. One of my banks forgot to order but the lady said they had $600 someone brought in. Sure skunk I thought but I took them anyway because I wanted something to do that evening with my son. Anyways, 55 of those rolls had nothing but 5 of them gave up 4x90% and 8x40%.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting thing about wraps. I have noticed my suppliers sometimes get a new batch of wraps that are made from a different material, the are all yellow/white, but the paper changes from time to time. I was getting boxes for a while with coins wrapped in an off yellow/greenish wrapper. Almost like the printer was running low on toner or something lol.

I agree with the fellow who suggested hitting the CRWs a little harder. One of my banks forgot to order but the lady said they had $600 someone brought in. Sure skunk I thought but I took them anyway because I wanted something to do that evening with my son. Anyways, 55 of those rolls had nothing but 5 of them gave up 4x90% and 8x40%.

I do go CWR hunting but, it is hard to do with my 2 1/2 yr old daughter with me, after getting out a 8-10 banks it gets tiresome. Now I have been lately just doing th edrive through thing to save time and have found some good things like this, and some of the banks I go to in other towns remember me, I try to stop at them once every 2 weeks when I can, one girl at one of the banks even saved some for me the last time I went there, but some of the banks have to have the comercial window with the little drawer that slides out for this to work, but ya, I do do my fair share of driving around for CWR's, may do more now that my business has slowed down for the season. Maverick.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, at least you are not getting short rolls. Loomis has been shorting rolls every week. But I found more silver than you this week.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, at least you are not getting short rolls. Loomis has been shorting rolls every week. But I found more silver than you this week.

Hey Thripp, that does suck, I can honestly say I have never been shorted in any of my MWR's in my boxes, now the reboxed dumps I have recieved, I couldn't tell ya, I just either unroll them and dump them in a bag for deposit or just turn them back in for qwik cash without counting them. I would gladly be shorted 2 or 3 clads a box for 2 or 3 40%ers though. I don't know how many you're missing, just guessing. HH, Maverick.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey total bummer on the boxes :(

I havent had any luck at all since i started ordering boxes(only 4 total so far lol)

Going to try and spread out more, and find more banks willing to order halves... alot of them wont even sell me or order dimes if i dont have a business account... Which dimes is where I seem to be having any type of luck... averaging about 2 per box

And yeah, still no clue about the halves, but Oh well, im gonna keep em anyways, just wish they had real value like silver does

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Thripp, that does suck, I can honestly say I have never been shorted in any of my MWR's in my boxes, now the reboxed dumps I have recieved, I couldn't tell ya, I just either unroll them and dump them in a bag for deposit or just turn them back in for qwik cash without counting them. I would gladly be shorted 2 or 3 clads a box for 2 or 3 40%ers though. I don't know how many you're missing, just guessing. HH, Maverick.

It has only been $3 so far, and I started weighing the rolls so I've only lost $1.50.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey total bummer on the boxes :(

I havent had any luck at all since i started ordering boxes(only 4 total so far lol)

Going to try and spread out more, and find more banks willing to order halves... alot of them wont even sell me or order dimes if i dont have a business account... Which dimes is where I seem to be having any type of luck... averaging about 2 per box

And yeah, still no clue about the halves, but Oh well, im gonna keep em anyways, just wish they had real value like silver does

I did dimes for a little bit a while back, I seemed to have way better luck with CWR's than boxes, but it was cutting into my half hunting too much, so I stopped and just concentrated on searching my halves. HH, Maverick.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd love to get a magicians coin. Never found one yet. I think it is because the way I've got my sorting system set up, I never drop coins into a pile so I can't hear a sound difference.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to date check, now I just hold the stack up over my other hand an inch or so and let them drop real qwik 1 by 1 on each other into the other hand, the sound they make is unmistakeable, like a solid clunk, haven't missed one yet, and since I started doing it this way I seem to find them now about every 2 boxes or so. It is also faster this way for me than any other way I've tried and I can allways hear the silver ( if there is any uuhg). HH, Maverick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread