Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Well dang, it didn't happen!

The con artist is claiming the world will end in October now. Hopefully this time nobody falls for his lies.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cherokee_Kidd said:
The con artist is claiming the world will end in October now. Hopefully this time nobody falls for his lies.

Okay, But How is this gonna help me not build a retaining wall !!!! I cannot keep her drunk that long!
Please see if you can talk him into a closer timeframe? Could use a little more gravitas than the joker saying the worlds ending every few days. :help:

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When it doesn't happen in October maybe the media will stop giving that mental patient tv time.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Yep, now it's October. "Oh my look I forgot to carry the five when I did that calcuation. That is when it is going to happen, NOT May."

People are so gullible and so willing to believe anything. It is sad that so many people have gotten to be this way.

I know the world is a mean and cruel place and I cannot even stand to turn on the new anymore. But their is ONE source and only ONE source for a Christian to get the facts, and it surely isn't someone who claims to know exactly when the end of the world is going to happen.

dirty digger dude

May 16, 2011

That preacher is right "our" world will end some day. Giant asteroid collision, nearby star explodes and creates a burst of radiation, the sun's nuclear fuel is depleted and it expands well into the earth's orbit or perhap a killer air born virus is accidently released from a biological weapons lab. Heck, it may be the old stanby - all out nuclear war. What ever the cause it will happen someday. I predict "my" world will end too. I am sure I will be long dead when "our" world is gone. Until then I am gonna live like I am gonna live forever! :icon_thumleft:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirty digger dude said:
That preacher is right "our" world will end some day. Giant asteroid collision, nearby star explodes and creates a burst of radiation, the sun's nuclear fuel is depleted and it expands well into the earth's orbit or perhap a killer air born virus is accidently released from a biological weapons lab. Heck, it may be the old stanby - all out nuclear war. What ever the cause it will happen someday. I predict "my" world will end too. I am sure I will be long dead when "our" world is gone. Until then I am gonna live like I am gonna live forever! :icon_thumleft:

I think that way too!! One little thing though. I wish I lived life like I was going to live forever so that I wasn't stove up now and again in older years!! ;D

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My wife's hairdresser was all upset and worried last week. She was sure the world would end as the nut had prodicted. On further questioning her, Kay found out she had just joined a Penticostal Holiness church. Now I think every one's religion is their own business, but please, some religions just go to foolish extremes. At least no one was physically hurt like the nuts that killed themselves so they could go to the Hale-Bop comet. Monty

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

Do other religions have an "end of the world" or Resurrection theory? just wondering?
& Dave 44, you may have to just bite the bullet on this one. I'm sure your wife will have bigger & better projects you can put off when "the time comes"

K

Kentucky Kache

Monty said:
My wife's hairdresser was all upset and worried last week. She was sure the world would end as the nut had prodicted. On further questioning her, Kay found out she had just joined a Penticostal Holiness church. Now I think every one's religion is their own business, but please, some religions just go to foolish extremes. At least no one was physically hurt like the nuts that killed themselves so they could go to the Hale-Bop comet. Monty

Pentecostal Holiness is not to blame here. The nut is to blame.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Actually I heard a few people either tried to kill themselves or did kill themselves because of all that.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

"So you thought that Saturday was the actual Judgment Day? Well, the joke is on you, because your spiritual leader, California's Harold Camping, says the Almighty was at work, all right, only you won't see anything until the real end of the world, which is October 21st."

http://laist.com/2011/05/24/apocalypse_not_quite_now_camping_pi.php

I would think for something as important as the end of the world he could have double checked his math! LOL :laughing9:

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah I was right a woman tried to kill herself and her 2 kids because she believed that nut job.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

[/quote]

So true!
I've had one of those hell days today. Ya know, if I had it to do over I'd remained single.
[/quote]

Are you sure you wanted that down in writing?

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes

The sad part of all this is his followers will just keep on believing in him. For those people when belief and reality collide it's always reality that must be wrong.

Cherokee_Kidd

Feb 16, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The media really needs to stop giving that mental patient tv time. They also need to stop printing his crap in newspapers . He's been wishing everyone in the world dead since 1994 when he first started all his end of the world bs so I think it's time the media realize he's nothing more than a pathological liar and a con artist.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I had no intention of insulting anyone of a particular religion. I was just citing a particular person's belief's and if I offended anyone I apologize. As I added, your religion is our business. Monty

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Monty said:
I had no intention of insulting anyone of a particular religion. I was just citing a particular person's belief's and if I offended anyone I apologize. As I added, your religion is our business. Monty

Hum? Sounds interesting. I never read threads before posting but now you've got my interest up....I think I'll make this thread an exception.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

With everything that is happening in the world today. My quest would be the world in going to end with all the disasters that is going on right now. Tornado's, floods, earth quakes, fires, and other things that mother nature is throwing at us.......Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread