What's new

Well its Been 2 Months Now

BADDOG

Full Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
245
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Well it's Been 2 Months Now

I don't post often however after seeing what jeff of pa is dealing with I figured it was time for an update. This is the stuff I've found in my second month metal detecting, I have excluded all the clad(approximately $20.00), pull tabs and just plain junk.
Found my first gold(the charm). I then thought I found my first silver ring, oops it's actually 14K white GOLD. Found the 1903 nickel, Ring and AAA Safety Patrol pin all at the same school. The WW1 medal is pretty cool. Can someone tell me if the bullet is old?
Thanks and HH Baddog1
 

Attachments

  • 4-3-05_finds.webp
    4-3-05_finds.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 1903Nickelbk.webp
    1903Nickelbk.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 1903Nickelfrt.webp
    1903Nickelfrt.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 279
  • AAA.webp
    AAA.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Ring.webp
    Ring.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 0
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

You should post more often! Excellent finds! Congrats! How about a close-up of the bullet? HH omnicognic 8)
 
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

The bullet looks to be a semi-wadcutter used in pistols and revolvers for target shooting mostly.They cut a clean hole in paper targets to make it easier to determine the shooter's score.Love that WW1 medal!
 
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

Omni here's a close up of the bullet. I travel quite a bit (last four weeks... Jacksonville, Charleston WV, Greenville SC and then to Salt Lake City last week) so I spend a lot of time reading here and posting when I can. Take my detector if the weather looks good (took it to Charleston). Going to Vegas in two weeks will take my detector.
 

Attachments

  • bullet.webp
    bullet.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 230
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

Hey baddog1, check my post on Las Vegas. There is a ghost town with quite a few gold mines there and the owner will let you detect there. It's about 35 miles southeast of vegas. I plan on going back and camping out for a week in the near future. Good Luck.
 
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

Those are all GREAT finds!WTG
 
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

Awesome finds!!!
That WWI metal is worth a month of dig'n, looks great...
That V nickle looks to be in great shape too. Most of the V's I have found are pretty worn. WTG!
 
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

This is my first V nickel and I thought it was in pretty bad shape, soooo I used my dremel to polish it. I know you shouldn't do that as it will lower the value, however the value to me is already priceless.
 
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

Baddog1 said:
This is my first V nickel and I thought it was in pretty bad shape, soooo I used my dremel to polish it.? I know you shouldn't do that as it will lower the value, however the value to me is already priceless.

I haven't been detecting all that long, but I have found three "V" nickles and only one of them, the one I found today, is in fairly good shape...
From what I've seen, the one you have there has some pretty good detail still left on it... Did the dremel too bring it back to a nickle color?, or to some other color?...
 
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

Sweet finds baddog! I especially like the WW2 item!

Congrats!
 
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

Leon said:
Baddog1 said:
I haven't been detecting all that long, but I have found three "V" nickles and only one of them, the one I found today, is in fairly good shape...
From what I've seen, the one you have there has some pretty good detail still left on it... Did the dremel too bring it back to a nickle color?, or to some other color?...

It did change it to a dark silver color(it was really rusty looking) and I believe if I kept going it would get better. I used the polishing wheel on the Dremel
 
Re: Well it's Been 2 Months Now

Nice collection Baddog. It really pays to keep on huntin. Still looking for my first gold .HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom