What's new

Well...

Chippie

Jr. Member
Joined
May 8, 2018
Messages
21
Reaction score
41
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there everybody. I found this a couple of days ago,but have no idea what it may be. It was attached to another rock and when I picked it up they came part. I just don’t know what it is and I’m wondering if somebody might know what it is and could tell me. I appreciate that. OK thanksI forgot to say that it’s pretty shiny and it’s kind of like a like a gray gray-ish blue and kind a heavy OK thanks.
 

Attachments

  • 372F61A3-D7D5-4F13-8E1D-5F0CBEE11CD4.webp
    372F61A3-D7D5-4F13-8E1D-5F0CBEE11CD4.webp
    535.1 KB · Views: 141
Post a pic with something for size context. A dime or quarter would help. Is it brittle, malleable, crystalline, etc...? Found at what type of site?

Welcome to TNet
 
Upvote 0
It bears some resemblance to antimony
 
Upvote 0
27A3AF83-36A8-4D52-A860-22AD51AE4ED0.webpB41E943A-7788-4DC2-B48E-2F07A62845F5.webpThank you. This was in an oldShed on a piece of property we moved onto. So I’m not exactly sure where it did come from. It is hard, but when I tried to scratch it with a dentists pick, it just kind of fell into a little pile. no flaking,just a pile just a pile of really fine shiny stuff. Its cold to the touch; actually,it looks like molten steel or something. And it’s very shiny. Really shiny.
 
Upvote 0
tn_moved_over.gif

..: Moved from TODAY'S FINDS! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure :..​
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Does it break up in very thin shiny pieces? Looks like Mica to me.
 
Upvote 0
Interesting find
 
Upvote 0
Also welcome to tnet. Tommy
 
Upvote 0
Did you find it near Roswell, NM?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom