What's new

well...

denverjoe04

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I work as a cashier and I love hunting in the register and people are oblivious to what they hand over to pay for their items. So far, in a years span of coin collecting, I have found 20 silver dimes, 1 mercury, 1 Indian head penny, 10 silver quarters, 1 standing liberty quarter, 5 silver war nickels, 3 buffalo nickels, and over 200 wheat cents.
 
Upvote 0
Hey that is the way to go scalping a pile of great coins and getting paid for it ... you would half to pick tons of rolls to find those kind of keepers especially those quarters ...congrats
 
Thank you..I wish I was lucky like some of my co-workers that have found silver dollars....oh and I found a 40% silver 67' Kennedy. and a 63' franklin. I usually find 1-2 silver coins and 5 wheat cents a week....im building up for my retirement one coin at a time...lol hope Silver hits 100 bucks an oz by then...im only 23 so we shall see where it lands in 45 years lol
 
WOW! I do the same at my job but my numbers arent quite so high. you must really look forward to going to work.
 
those are pretty good averages. But there has been a lot of old coin coming out of the wood work to be spent or deposited with the economic changes that are happening,

Where all these in rolls or where they brought in by customers.

I know that a lot of auto repair places get older coin as people have to spend and dig to fix there car for parts. I have gotten some good scores from auto repair places that sell parts.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom