What's new

Wells Fargo?

foofighters

Full Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2012
Messages
247
Reaction score
101
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do guys have any luck with WF Halves rolls.

I've got about 30 35 branches in the areas I work and they are great to dump at as they have free counters for customers and I've only been asked once to swipe my cash card before they give me my cash. So in essence as of right now they have little idea how much coin I am dumping at thier banks.

I havent bought many rolls from them but the ones I did havent produced. Not a big sample size maybe 300 worth.

Just wondering if you guys had any luck iwth them. I got a $100 in strings wrapped rolls the other day from a WF and they said they had a 1000
 
Upvote 0
I use WF as dump banks mostly. I have purchased halves from them in the past. They were yellow string and sons flat boxes provided by Loomis. They were skunky. Brinks boxes around my area produce better for me. Your WF may have a contract with either service. The 1000 is either brand new rolled or skunky dumps unfortunately. WF is great for customer rolls and loose teller tray silver. What area of the US are ya workin?
 
Last edited:
Upper midwest.

Strictly small time basis.

Couple hundred bucks every now and again.

The ones I have been getting from WF are the yellow strings and sons.
 
I get up to the twin cities about once a month and get the string rolls probably have done about 500 worth and have pulled 1 40% out of them. If I was up there more I would definitely do more.
 
In Austin, Texas I'm still testing out WF. Those far I've pulled a 90%, a 40%, and a silver proof. 1 a box is about my average from all banks I've tried, so thus far WF is as good as any bank. In my area, credit unions won't order halfs. They say that they simple do not handle coins. They do however offer coin machines. My favorite buy bank is IBC because they're super friendly and they are open all day Sat and Sun.
 
Silvershooter I do alot of work in the twin cities area.

I have banked at WF for twenty years and there coin counters are handy.

I have several scoped out that are right by the entrance and all I have to do is dump and take my receipt to the counter.

What little I do I can spread it around to not attract attention to myself.

Thanks for the info guys.
 
their coin counters are the best, right at the door have never been asked to swipe my card just show it and get my cash.
 
wells fargo = FEES Fees fees... I stay away from them.
 
BuffaloBoy said:
wells fargo = FEES Fees fees... I stay away from them.

I don't do big volume so I pay no fees.
 
its gonna depend where you are in country and how many people are ordering. You may hit a silver streak for a while. I do not have wells fargo but my girlfriend does. I order 2k in halves i think 3 different times and they all produced some silver. My best from them was a box that produced 7 -90% in one roll and the rest of the box was a skunk. just try it a couple times and see what happens
 
Thanks for your tips guys, I like the beginner they seem useful and very intelligent
 
wells fargo = FEES Fees fees... I stay away from them.
Not where I used to live in SoCA. They were my dump bank. I would put $500 in the heavy plastic bags and bring in two at a time. Never a fee or complaint and they gave me the bags.

Just thought of something else Buffalo, WF is going through a public relations nightmare still. I even see ads saying they are the new WF just like 150 years ago. They have been fined for a lot of things they did. If you used them in the past and you had to pay fees ask for a refund. Or, go in and see if the NEW & IMPROVED bank will waive them.
 
Last edited:
In my area, it they were to give the banking industry an ennima they would stick it in Wells Fargo headquarters.:unhappysmiley:
 
I’ve been happy with my WF. I have not gotten anything super amazing. But I did get a 1.3k in Ike’s that I’ve been selling slowly. By the end I’ll have converted it to roughly 2.5k
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom