What's new

Went fresh again - got gold & silver again

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was supposed to go to CT. saltwater this morning - decided to go freshwater again
was getting all kinds of lures - some were old - then finally got a Merc dime - so
was going to keep my streak alive at least - got into a really mucky area off from the normal swim area
and came up with the 3 silver rings. It was getting late and said to myself if I got one gold I'd call it a day -
was still getting older clad and then was surprised when I looked in and saw large gold band -
gold & silver again = Im a happy hunter :sunny:

921casp.webp 921caspr.webp
 
Upvote 40
Another great hunt Casper! Congrats!
 
:notworthy: you are good at this treasure hunting stuff
 
I bet that gold ring sounded nice, nice finds, there's more there I bet.
 
I would get back out in that muck soon as the sun comes up....Congrats on keeping the streak alive!
 
Nice rings, I like the one on the left, cool little stone.
 
You're killing it! :notworthy: keep them coming :thumbsup:
 
I bet that gold ring sounded nice, nice finds, there's more there I bet.
This place is about an hour away - Ive only hit there like 6 times in the last 12 yrs - lots of locals hit here but its a hard place to hit
area way out is like detecting on a cobble road - you need a good scoop and should use a mask or youre gonna be there all day - mucky area
is thick and about a foot down before you hit hard bottom - you need a sifter - I have not been bringing it - I wear gloves and churn it up and get it thru
faster - lot of silt here and it clouds up with even the smallest of scoops - actually every foot step causes clouding but even though a lake - there is a current and it moves
and another area is loaded fresh water clams and mussels and smaller rocks - once again hard to dig in and hard to sift- my shoulder is killing me right now
feels like a mule kicked me
If a newbie hit here and was not properly equipped - theyd probably have a hard time - know of veterans that hit here yrs ago - and think they don't hit there
because its so hard - but that's where Ive gotten most of my gold - where others cant hit - or its hard to hit
 
You never cease to amaze with what you pull out of the water- big-time congrats!

-- Jeff --
 
You never cease to amaze with what you pull out of the water- big-time congrats!

-- Jeff --

believe me as Ringo says - "It don't come easy"
took 3 Tylenol and 3 ibuprofen and still hurtin
 
Your the best congrats
 
Good job Casper. Gz on the gold!! I know what you mean about the muck. Fortunately most of our mucky areas are about chin deep. I always am thinking that there has to be some good stuff in it. II need to build a sifter so that I can start tearing into that crapola.
 
believe me as Ringo says - "It don't come easy"
took 3 Tylenol and 3 ibuprofen and still hurtin

See that's what that cold water does to down the road.:laughing9:

Just kidding ya, but it does suck when it hurts after hunting. Great results once again on the gold and silver.:occasion14:
 
NIce spin Mr Casper!! Some real nice targets and a good yield!! I hate that muck also, seems to be the way now with the years of wash off...
 
If there were a treasure master, you would be Yoda. Nice!
 
Lol thanks but I usually only average around 40
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom