Went in the Woods Today

Tested

Apr 20, 2007
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX/5900Di Pro
Got out for a few hours today with DGNBama. We went where we believe some old mining houses once stood. There was very little left of the houses just a a few scattered bricks but we did come across some foundations from the actual mining operations. Anyway on to we found DngBama came out the winner today with 2 coins a 1944 filipinas one centavo, and the oldest coin 1854 Napoleon III Empereur, he also found 1 miners tag and a Brass buckle. Myself I can't complain Coins I only found 1 Wheaties can't read the date, 2 miners tags, and an identical Brass buckle. As far as our scrap we did real well 12.5lbs of copper and 5 lbs of brass. Hmmm maybe put our scrap money towards a couple of Sunray Pinpointers or a couple of good Tumblers for cleaning the clad.

Attachments

• Greg.JPG
    Greg.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,186
  • 4-17-11.JPG
    4-17-11.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,181
  • Copper.JPG
    Copper.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 1,176
  • Brass.JPG
    Brass.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,176
Upvote 0

shooter_250

Sep 18, 2010
Hay Tested....

I don't know if I'm breaking the rules here, if I am, Mods, please delete...

Tested...Could you tell me the size of that buckle?...I'm looking for just that buckle in a (1 3/4") one and three quarters size...If yours is that size, I'd like to make an offer.

Thanks...

God Bless

Lee

shooter_250

Sep 18, 2010
Dagnabit....Let me think on it,,,btw sorry for being so long getting back to you, packing for a move,,,and reading the Forum, LOL...

If I bought your buckle, I'd need to modify the gunbelt I'm making, on the other hand a little modification is good for the soul...

Could I ask you for a price on the buckle, that is if you would want to sell it inexpensively?...

Thanks

God Bless

Lee

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
the copper i think is old telephone wire! it has a steel core. cut a peice and look. sorry i just went threw the same thing. :'( willy

shooter_250

Sep 18, 2010
Hay Tested...

Have you fallen and can't get up??? Any thoughts on selling that belt buckle, I'm interested...

God Bless

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread