Went over 500 coins for my first year of detecting

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, these pictures are from my last two hunts - 98 coins total, all clad, but found my first fishing lure. The token is really a pin I believe. It has initials on the front and what appears to be a place where a pin was welded on the back. Haven't had time to post lately as I've been remodeling our guest bathroom. I've taken to going to parks around my home (gas is too expensive to go to far these days) and detecting a straight line through the park, then making my way back. I keep track of the paths I've taken, and but up next to them the next time I go. Lots of can slaw and pull tabs, but do find a lot of coins. Had two coin drops today, one of 9 pennies and one with 4 pennies, 2 dimes and a quarter. Total coin for the year is 556 for $37.69. Will be doing a lot of research over the winter, and talking to some farmers to get some permissions for 2008. I do genealogy as well, so I kill two birds with one stone when I go to the library. I have some military training that will be taking me to Arkansas and South Carolina next year, so I'm hoping to get some artifact hunting in when I go.

Attachments

• Nov 17 coins.jpg
    Nov 17 coins.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 408
  • token nov 17.jpg
    token nov 17.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 402
  • token back Nov 17.jpg
    token back Nov 17.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
Good work, hope '08 brings some more good stuff.

Nat

Excellent job, that pin looks alot like an old love token

HH
-GC

Very good for your first year. Keep up the great work. I like the old pin. I think they still may make that fishing lure, not sure though.

Thanks all. I've added a picture of the back side of the token/disc with the initials.

Hummm ok so the back dos'nt look like it was a coin at anytime unless that side was also filed down so a pin could be attached??? try placing a dime or a quarter on top and see how they size up, otherwise I think its a badge that was made on a steel disc at a fair or an art stall copying the old love tokens. Still a fun find.

Great pin, Neal! And talking to those farmers is a great idea. No telling what you may learn from them. 8)

Congrats on your finds! Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back