Went prospecting and might have stumbled upon a winner!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went and passed the park I hunt, it’s the same park where I found my US Civil War Kepi Hat Badge Stamped Brass Infantry Horn Uniform Insignia Pin next to the river about a foot down IMG_0171.jpg IMG_0172.jpg
So anyway I saw a excavator scooping up dirt along side the river they’re putting in a launching are the the people that canoe. I went to speak with the guy and asked him where they where bring the dirt? He wasn’t sure but after speaking with him for a while he wanted to help me out so I gave him my detecting card and told him to call me when he finds out. I saw so white and blue shards I got excited. We they left I took my pin-pointer and poked the mound and found some bullets, American Flag pin, rusty scissors, a 69 thing, something with a little gold gilt and a whatisit. I hope he calls. Also this is my 3 Colt 44 cal pistol bullet in a week at different places. Weird. Thanks for looking!! IMG_1684.jpg IMG_1685.jpg IMG_1687.jpg IMG_1691.jpg IMG_1692.jpg IMG_1693.jpg IMG_1695.jpg IMG_1696.jpg IMG_1697.jpg IMG_1701.jpg IMG_1700.jpg The whatisit IMG_1698.jpg IMG_1699.jpg

Upvote 44

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super, Super Find - Congratulations!:headbang::hello2::occasion14::skullflag::notworthy:

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Get me the name of the excavation company, my brother probably knows them and I'll find out for sure where they're going to dump the spoils… "D"

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
So do you have to watch out for gators there?...(if you detected that cut-out?)

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So do you have to watch out for gators there?...(if you detected that cut-out?)

If ya do run into one, just bump him on the nose with ya coil, he'll move on... LOL Seriously though, they're more fearful of you than you are of them and they tend to give you a wide berth unless some idiot's been feeding them and then they'll come close to you, but rarely will they come on dry ground unless it's a big MaMa and your jacking with her nest mound... "D"

"D"

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
I do love gator tail.....weird reptile chicken...lol

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Never had it with Red Eye...my uncle smokes it and douses it with beer and butter sauce....

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never had it with Red Eye...my uncle smokes it and douses it with beer and butter sauce....

We want you to come down swing and then feed you good. Possum’s wife is the Queen of boiling seafood and my Queen makes the best Southern cooking you can find. I hope you’re not a vegetarian or allergic to butter lol

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
We want you to come down swing and then feed you good. Possum’s wife is the Queen of boiling seafood and my Queen makes the best Southern cooking you can find. I hope you’re not a vegetarian or allergic to butter lol

I'm not allergic to anything...I just don't understand Water "Chestnuts"...lol

And hopefully one day soon I can venture back down SOUTH...that would be real nice!!!

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang,, I'm hearing about sidewalk cuts, canoe landing cuts, etc., but I never come across them. Good luck with finding out where they are dumping that dirt.
Congrats on your finds.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang,, I'm hearing about sidewalk cuts, canoe landing cuts, etc., but I never come across them. Good luck with finding out where they are dumping that dirt.
Congrats on your finds.

Thanks atw I’m always keeping a eye out. The wife says every time we’re driving and I’m talking to you you’re always looking left and right. Lol Exactly

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If it were me Truth, I would not be able to wait for the call. I would go there and when the dump truck hauls off the dirt, I would follow it to where the soil is getting dumped and ask the driver who I need to talk to to metal detect the dumped dirt.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it were me Truth, I would not be able to wait for the call. I would go there and when the dump truck hauls off the dirt, I would follow it to where the soil is getting dumped and ask the driver who I need to talk to to metal detect the dumped dirt.

Good point they should be picking that haul up in the morning. I can also ask the park maintenance guy he’s cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread