West coast Brinks boxes, chime in people

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, for the last 5-6 months my cube shaped boxes have been almost total skunks, so much so that I stopped ordering from WF. All the skunk boxes have the loose wrap at one end that I assumed was a wrapping machine problem because I found a bunch of silver early on. Thing is, I dont remember if the early boxes were loose or tight. Anyoldways, I decided to order 4 boxes last week. They arrived and the first three were all loose at one end and all skunks. I did not open the 4th box until the evening, and low and behold the rolls are all tight at both ends AND there is a 64 obverse ender showing right on top.

I am left to believe that the loose rolled boxes are reboxed dumps from someone who loosens one end and rewraps. The box itself shows no evidence of tampering, IE the tape is intact and does not look to have been removed and then re applied. So, Brinks is just re boxing these halves and sending them back out. I dont blame them, I would do the same thing if it was my business. Someone out there did a butt load of boxes and dumped them this way.

Upvote 0

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't see a major company doing that. What if some one just filled all the rolls with some thing the same weight, and topped each roll off with a half...then brinks sent it back out. No...
If I had to guess id say that those boxes are from another hunter. And they just turned them into that bank...and they pass them off to you.
Or maybe from another branch? They would save money twice. Save on shipping halves back, and ordering halves for you.
So..jus push thought it, and order in bulk.
Oh yeah...what was the total for your box with the Ender?
HH.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
namster I too get the cube boxes with loose rolls on one end. Just look at my pictures! I'm finding plenty of silver in them. ****, just a couple days agos I got a roll with DOUBLE benders that was loose as ****! These benders are the same roll.

IMG_20120614_183120.jpg
IMG_20120614_183301.jpg

Silvercrazy

Nov 24, 2006
From my experience here in Tx ever since Brinks went from the brown to the black rollers almost all of the rolls are loosely rolled. Thanks. Dennis.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see a major company doing that. What if some one just filled all the rolls with some thing the same weight, and topped each roll off with a half...then brinks sent it back out. No...
If I had to guess id say that those boxes are from another hunter. And they just turned them into that bank...and they pass them off to you.
Or maybe from another branch? They would save money twice. Save on shipping halves back, and ordering halves for you.
So..jus push thought it, and order in bulk.
Oh yeah...what was the total for your box with the Ender?
HH.

Yeah but they have not been retaped. You could tell if the tape was removed and re taped. They were packed buy the courier and sent out this way.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my experience here in Tx ever since Brinks went from the brown to the black rollers almost all of the rolls are loosely rolled. Thanks. Dennis.

Copy that. Just my crappy luck then.

Thanks for chiming in everyone, mainly I wanted to see if any of you all were still getting silver in the loose rolls. Seems you are. Guess I need to up my volume on them. HH!

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the same in the other coast. It's just a machine error. When they re-adjust the machine, then the rolls are tightened again.

But Brinks will repack 50 rolls of CWRs into a box and ship them out. I got 3 boxes of CWRs in Brinks square boxes before.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRHSW- Looking at your pics those rolls are tight compared to the ones I have been getting.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i've gotten sealed boxes from the bank and uon opening, the rolls are crimped on one end and folded on the other. it is just laziness on the part of the carrier to repack rolls without rerolling. thankfully i wasn't shorted, but it was a concern. i've seen it 4 times out of my 20 boxes for the year. no silver in any, but there was an S proof in TERRIBLE condition. these were definitely someone's dumps.

clorox

Jun 1, 2012
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I try to stay away from Wells / Brinks boxes, too. I've done maybe eight or nine, and I've only found one 40%er out of all of them. The wrappers are all tight, though. Do you know what distribution center your boxes come from?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It's the same in the other coast. It's just a machine error. When they re-adjust the machine, then the rolls are tightened again.

But Brinks will repack 50 rolls of CWRs into a box and ship them out. I got 3 boxes of CWRs in Brinks square boxes before.

Yes, I'm in the southeast and have had those rolls before, some very loose, some with silver and sometimes a skunk, I would be super P O'd if I received cwr's in my brinks boxes though, I have yet to get any of those and brinks are all that I search. I do find silver though in between my skunk streaks, and when I do it's ussually pretty substantial amount. I just posted my last good brinks box on here a couple days ago( What do you get outta a box with one ender) was the title. Keep trying, just when I'm at a big skunk streak (10 +) and ready to say forget it, BaMB, I get a great box.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I am left to believe that the loose rolled boxes are reboxed dumps from someone who loosens one end and rewraps. The box itself shows no evidence of tampering, IE the tape is intact and does not look to have been removed and then re applied. So, Brinks is just re boxing these halves and sending them back out. I dont blame them, I would do the same thing if it was my business. Someone out there did a butt load of boxes and dumped them this way.

I have to say highly doubtful I receive Brinks boxes with loose ends all the time and you see how much silver I pull out of the few boxes I do. Its near impossible to get the coins back into the wrappers after opening them and even harder to make the other end look crisp. I have tried and I gave up early on, this was before I had access to coin counters. It could just be bad luck.

Remember, someone would have to unwrap all those ends first and that is a lot of work, a lot more then just ripping the rolls apart.

PS as the above poster mentioned, I only do Brinks rolls as well.

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
The_EE said:
I have to say highly doubtful I receive Brinks boxes with loose ends all the time and you see how much silver I pull out of the few boxes I do. Its near impossible to get the coins back into the wrappers after opening them and even harder to make the other end look crisp. I have tried and I gave up early on, this was before I had access to coin counters. It could just be bad luck.

Remember, someone would have to unwrap all those ends first and that is a lot of work, a lot more then just ripping the rolls apart.

Now that i have moved and no longer have access to a counter, I use the same rolls boxes come in.
Just as simple as unrolling one end...slide them out, slide them back in.
But I'd much rather use a counter.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 2 months of nothing but the "one loose end" roll boxes, last week one box had tight ends (maybe they finally fixed the rolling machine) , and it was the new style Brinks boxes, there was some AG in both kinds. What I HATE about the new style boxes is they do not use tape on them, no seal at all, who knows if the tellers or anyone else is opening them up just to look for enders????

Forgot to mention, I'm on the East Coast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you have a pic of the loose ends on the rolls you get? The ones I have been getting are really loose. And, randomly, I received one box with really tight rolls at both ends. If I do another cube box ill post up a pic of what I am talking about.

ETA- I also inspected the loose ends close up and based on the creases/wrinkles at the end of the roll its obvious it was unwrapped. Again, ill have to take a pic of what I mean.

Last edited:
OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that i have moved and no longer have access to a counter, I use the same rolls boxes come in.
Just as simple as unrolling one end...slide them out, slide them back in.
But I'd much rather use a counter.

You should ask about bringing in bags.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my area, sometimes the rolls are tight, sometimes not, they are untouched rolls from what I can see.
HH
Buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread