What's new

wet places to fing gold in nm?

ffmurray

Greenie
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
17
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
new mexico
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are there any wet places to find gold in New Mexico that are publicly open? If it helps I am just panning and therefore can hike in somewhere pretty remote.
 
There is a book called Placer Gold Deposits of New Mexico. by Maureen Johnson.
I don't know how far you are from ABQ but Mama's Minerals sells it and Mama also has a web site
and probably sells it there also.
What's your location. The book is divided into counties and districts.
 
There is a book called Placer Gold Deposits of New Mexico. by Maureen Johnson.
I don't know how far you are from ABQ but Mama's Minerals sells it and Mama also has a web site
and probably sells it there also.
What's your location. The book is divided into counties and districts.

anybody know if there are restrictions on highbankers or dredges on blm claims ? not much info on the net.
 
anybody know if there are restrictions on highbankers or dredges on blm claims ? not much info on the net.

I don't think so if you have an actual claim. dig away. If you mean high banking on BLM land you might have to call or write.
There is gold here but NO WATER, Most gold recovery methods require water and that's why most prospectors abandoned
New Mexico.
I don't look for gold so have never researched it. But having spent time on the BLM I have yet to rub across any human
types.
I forgot exactly but if memory serves there are 15million sq miles of BLM land here and a bunch of wilderness areas.
Easy to not be found.
 
my claim should have enough water flow to run a small dredge---i did call the blm and highbankers were ok , dredges need a permit. and your right about( Easy to not be found.)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom