What's new

"WF" Button

TheLittleMan

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2020
Messages
74
Reaction score
422
Golden Thread
1
Location
MN
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love finding pieces with fancy initials on them.
I found this button at the location of an old church in northern Illinois. Do you think it might be Wells-Fargo? A bit far for Wake Forest, and a bit too old for Will Ferrell! Ha.
How does one go about discovering the long-gone companies stamped onto old buttons?
 

Attachments

  • WF Button.webp
    WF Button.webp
    46.1 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0
This is a good starting point for your button research

Finding out how old it is first . The back of the button has a ton of information to give you

Post a picture of the back

Here is a little guide

2F414B92-0771-4651-98DE-65DF5BDF91F8.webp
 
Yea , I'd go with Will Farrell. LOL
&
Waterscoop , is correct it's back will give you a good start on yr research .
 
This is the back of the button. It’s obviously a 2-piece.
4DB01340-F540-43DF-BAA8-5734EDD3A6E2.webp
 
I don't know what the "WF" button is, but I've found a lot of "WTF" buttons!
 
Nice find, congrats! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom