What a Sushi Dinner!

dejapooh

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I always hunt Sterling and other metals. When my friend picked up a... thingy... the woman said, "That is SILVER!" One look at the yellowish tinge, and I knew I was looking at Nickel, and told my friend that it wasn't silver... but right next to it were some chop sticks with sterling ends. You know, that pure white "OBVIOUSLY" silver look. I picked up a Chop Stick and looked at the stamp. "ERCUIS." Looking up ERCUIS chop sticks on Ebay, only one set, in a box, New, $140. It looked like they had a dozen sets with Sterling Rests (so the end isn't on the table). Beautiful. I ask how much, and she said, "$25 for everything. Now, there are no marks stating sterling or plate, but they are certainly silver something. Given the price of the company on Ebay, I figure... Why not. She comes down to $24, and starts to put everything in a bag. Plates, Trays, cups, bowls, so on. She says, "We had a Sushi party once, and never used them again."

When I got home, I looked up the plate, Jaune de Chrome, French Porcelain. New, the bowls run $85 each. The plates, $110 each. The platters, $150 each. The cups, $150 for 6 (I have 18, 12 larger, 6 smaller. All the right size for Saki). I start listing stuff up. That night, someone buys 4 of my 5 bowls for $100 plus shipping. I should clear $400 if/when everything sells.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had me at Sushi! Great haul. Well done

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet finds! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread