stpauli914
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jun 7, 2011
- Messages
- 406
- Reaction score
- 117
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Gulf Coast FL
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Well, I have been wating for a hunt that yielded more than just one ring and it finally happened! I also went ahead and bypassed a 2 ring hunt and got a 3 ring hunt!! That was this morning, but lets start with yesterday....
Hit the beach at 6:30 and went straight for the water. Started gridding the busiest area and was getting some clad and junk. Finally ventured out a hair deeper and got a huge hit!! One of those "penny on the surface" style hits with the Excal(you Excal guys know what I'm talking about)! Well after 2 scoops I was thinking big hunk of aluminum, but much to my suprise up came a large silver bangle style bracelet!! Nice!! Next was a pretty "Princess" silver charm marked "Disney 925" on the back. A couple more junk jewelry items like the ever present hoop earing along with another couple earings that are junk then came a nice silver ring! stamped 925 with a swirl design. Not very heavy, but hey, its a ring(#11 since may)! Ended my hunt at 9am as it was getting crowded and HOT!!
Fast forward to this morning.....
A little tired of my usual beach, I decide to go for a change of scenery and hit a beach a bit south of me. Got there at 6:30a and hit the water. started gridding in and out and there was quite a bit of fluff sand past waist deep so I concentrated on waist and a bit shallower. It took a while to get my first hit(penny) lots of trash(nulls), glad I brought the Excal over the Sand Shark, saved me a ton of digging! after a bit more trash and bottle caps, I get a very faint signal that is kind of different sounding. take a scoop or 2 and nothing. finally on the 3rd scoop I can see a ring! Not just any ring, this baby has diamonds!! Check the stamp, 14K!! Happy dance in my head!! not 10 feet later I get a real good signal(another penny on top type of signal) couple scoops and i see another ring!! Big ole honkin silver! Finally I think, this is my first 2 ring hunt!! towards the end of the hunt I pull a 3rd ring!! Not sure of material, but has EM initials on it and is small like a pinky or childs ring.
Well, you can bet I'll be hitting this beach again soon
Hit the beach at 6:30 and went straight for the water. Started gridding the busiest area and was getting some clad and junk. Finally ventured out a hair deeper and got a huge hit!! One of those "penny on the surface" style hits with the Excal(you Excal guys know what I'm talking about)! Well after 2 scoops I was thinking big hunk of aluminum, but much to my suprise up came a large silver bangle style bracelet!! Nice!! Next was a pretty "Princess" silver charm marked "Disney 925" on the back. A couple more junk jewelry items like the ever present hoop earing along with another couple earings that are junk then came a nice silver ring! stamped 925 with a swirl design. Not very heavy, but hey, its a ring(#11 since may)! Ended my hunt at 9am as it was getting crowded and HOT!!
Fast forward to this morning.....
A little tired of my usual beach, I decide to go for a change of scenery and hit a beach a bit south of me. Got there at 6:30a and hit the water. started gridding in and out and there was quite a bit of fluff sand past waist deep so I concentrated on waist and a bit shallower. It took a while to get my first hit(penny) lots of trash(nulls), glad I brought the Excal over the Sand Shark, saved me a ton of digging! after a bit more trash and bottle caps, I get a very faint signal that is kind of different sounding. take a scoop or 2 and nothing. finally on the 3rd scoop I can see a ring! Not just any ring, this baby has diamonds!! Check the stamp, 14K!! Happy dance in my head!! not 10 feet later I get a real good signal(another penny on top type of signal) couple scoops and i see another ring!! Big ole honkin silver! Finally I think, this is my first 2 ring hunt!! towards the end of the hunt I pull a 3rd ring!! Not sure of material, but has EM initials on it and is small like a pinky or childs ring.
Well, you can bet I'll be hitting this beach again soon

Upvote
0
.....no offense but i only count gold and platinum in my ring count...hurry back there , more to be had....HH







