What an amazing day!!!

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
;D
My best day so far... and I've been "practicing" now for almost 2 years!
I took advantage of our beautiful Florida weather and drove 90 minutes to Daytona Beach. I just got my Excalibur 800 back from Minelab and they did a terrific job of returning her to A-1 shape and never charged me a dime; not even for shipping (and it was out of warranty, too!) It had been about six weeks since my last trip to the beach and I was jonesing for a hunt. After the first hour I only had 3 new pennies and I was feeling a bit grumpy. I decided to take advantage of the free winter beach parking and moved my car about 1/2 mile north of where I'd started out. I hadn't been walking long when my detector sounded off; I knew it had to be something "unusual" because I'd never heard that sound before. I remembered my buddy Morris telling me that the Excaliburs "growl" when they find gold - and boy, was he right! I pulled a beautiful 10K gold/diamond/amethyst high school ring from the lane, about 6" down! My first High School Ring! Wow! I was so excited that I did what I probably shouldn't have done; I told several people of my good fortune - you know - the folks who always ask: "Find anything good???". I just couldn't resist! I was a bit less grumpy after this find and when I heard "the growl" a second time I couldn't believe it; this time a 14k gold and diamond (?) ring was shining up at me! Unbelievable! These were my first "good" rings and two in one afternoon?!? Not long after I figured that my two scores and the 95 cents in change that I'd found would suffice and I headed home. My car was filthy and full of sand - and when I took her to the car wash I found a really nice sterling bracelet next to the vacuum! Jeez - what a day!!! I figured my luck might not have ended, so I went out and bought lottery tickets for tonite's $20 million drawing. I'll keep you posted!
(P.S. The high school ring has only Stacie's first name on it - and just HHS '05 on the side; might not be able to return this one to its owner...darn! It's a whole lot more beautiful than the clunky green stoned one I had from back in 1974!)
Ruth

Attachments

• HS Ring.JPG
    HS Ring.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 981
  • Diamond Ring.JPG
    Diamond Ring.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 983
  • All Three.JPG
    All Three.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 976
Upvote 0
NICE !!!!!!!!!!

will you marry me 8)

Love it! Those rings are beautiful congrats.

All very pretty. The bracelet is unique. Congratulations!

Ridley

most excellent finds dude!

HH

wow Very Nice Job !! about time you got a ring too...
just got back form Texas where I picked up a 10k gold nugget ring and a 1900 IH..

Morris
Ocala,FL

Attachments

• DSC00076.JPG
    DSC00076.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 776
Amazing day indeed. Congratulations. Hope your lottery ticket pays off big time. Don't forget about us poor folks on TNet if you win the $20 million. hehehe

Congrats on the awesome finds SS, good luck with that Lotto, LOL! HH, Mike

Great success makes one smile doesn't it? :D That is a very unusual class ring, not at all the contemporary kind you see every day. Hope you can find the owner. Monty

quite a day saint!! Too bad the grad ring didn't have more info on it so you could possibly return it and be their hero. Any HS that start with "H" in that area? Although that school could be anywhere in the country as that is a tourist area.

Hope your next trip is just as successful.

LeJeuene

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back