E Essex Jr. Member Joined May 23, 2016 Messages 66 Reaction score 92 Golden Thread 0 Location North East Georgia Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 13, 2016 #1 From time to time I stumble across these type knives, etc. with the white/grayish color. What is it called? Upvote 0
From time to time I stumble across these type knives, etc. with the white/grayish color. What is it called?
willjo Bronze Member Joined Apr 30, 2015 Messages 1,071 Reaction score 2,037 Golden Thread 0 Location Twin City, Ga. Detector(s) used Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 13, 2016 #2 Center one looks like Coastal plain chert, bottom one looks like Rhyolite, and others look like a poor grade of coastal plain. Hope this helps and someone may be more familiar with it and give you a better answer.
Center one looks like Coastal plain chert, bottom one looks like Rhyolite, and others look like a poor grade of coastal plain. Hope this helps and someone may be more familiar with it and give you a better answer.
rock Gold Member Joined Aug 25, 2012 Messages 14,751 Reaction score 8,933 Golden Thread 0 Location South Detector(s) used Coin Finder Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 14, 2016 #3 Although willjo acts like he isnt a expert dont let him fool you he is. I think he nailed those types for you. Nice points
Although willjo acts like he isnt a expert dont let him fool you he is. I think he nailed those types for you. Nice points
E Essex Jr. Member Joined May 23, 2016 Messages 66 Reaction score 92 Golden Thread 0 Location North East Georgia Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jun 14, 2016 Thread Owner #4 I'm trying to learn more about my collection and your input is invaluable. Thanks!