What's new

What are these things?

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
5,675
Golden Thread
2
Location
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these two aluminum tags in the same area with my metal detector a few days ago. What are they?
 

Attachments

  • Finds with tags 012.webp
    Finds with tags 012.webp
    96.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Finds with tags 013.webp
    Finds with tags 013.webp
    126.5 KB · Views: 127
They look like tree tags to me. :icon_scratch:
Looks like they have some age to them as well.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Well, the text on the bottom rear (clasp side) reads "COUNTY", and if we assume California, then "SAN MATEO COUNTY" would fit.
Maybe then "L.A. COUNTY" or "NAPA COUNTY" for the other one, since that top line clearly ends with an "A".

Don't have a good answer for what DAI might be?
 
Upvote 0
can't tell the size but could be duck or geese tags....
 
Upvote 0
Interesting finds! My first impression was Pigeon tags.
 
Upvote 0
I would think to heavy for birds. Maybe Ear Tags for livestock?

cow-with-ear-tag-eu.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rare-VTG-CALIFORNIA-SISKIYOU-CO-DA-I.jpg


Rare VTG CALIFORNIA SISKIYOU CO. D.A. I. #13105 TAG BADGE PIN Gov. Railroad ?

That's what I found on picclick.com :dontknow:
​
 
Upvote 0
I'm thinking bird bands myself.
 
Upvote 0
California, "District Attorney Investigators" Association. Still don't know what its for.
 
Upvote 0
about the size and shape of a cigar band but for what?
 
Upvote 0
Department of Agriculture 1?
 
Upvote 0
California 1919 – The Department of Agriculture was organized and the duties of the State Dairy Bureau were assigned to the Division of Animal Industry.
 
Upvote 0
And there you have it...


Great ID nagant
 
Upvote 0
Well I'll be danged its solved
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom