What's new

What are your favorite coins to search through (and favorite coin in general)?

BurnedSpy

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I personally like pennies, as you almost never get a box of crap. Halves would be nice too, if I could find them. The walking liberty half is my favorite coin...sorry if this is in the wrong section, by the way.
 
Upvote 0
I like searching nickels and pennies the most. I think my favorite coins are war nickels; they were the first silver coin I found.
 
Discovering clad dimes and halves in boxes. I've never been skunked once while searching for these.
 
First, let's all agree that we search boxes of cents. We aren't in England. We don't have a penny. Sorry, just a small pet peeve. I know the boxes are labeled pennies, but it doesn't make it right. Anyhow, the cents I enjoy searching as that is how I started my coin collection at 9. The halves can be rewarding, but very frustrating when you hit a skunk run. Sometimes, it just isn't worth the hassle and I take a break from halves, but the itch returns. Dimes are another favorite as they are easy and lightweight. Been filling glass cigar tubes for some time.

Image034.jpg
 
Howdy Mr. Weston, fellow CRHers,

I like pennies....er.....cents. I like nickels too. I think I like the nickels better though, not so dirty. I want a buffalo nickel. I'm pretty sure that that the buffalo nickel is my second favorite American coin after the incuse quarter eagle/half eagle (not much hope of finding one of those in circulation though). I've never done a box of halves, although I may start soon.

My wife likes searching through the halves. Her favorite coin in general is the Walking Liberty.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Nickels, dimes, and halves when I can get a hold of hand rolls, occasionally cents

HH
-GC
 
Re: What are your favorite coins to search through (and favorite coin in general

Nickels are my favorite. I like dimes and pennies about the same. I don't have much luck getting a hold of halves.


ps. pennies pennies pennies pennies pennies pennies pennies
 
Re: What are your favorite coins to search through (and favorite coin in general

We like searching for Halves in Boxes & cold calls on Banks; in 5 months the wife & I have acquired in excess of 2300, approx 150 are %90's. Yes Skunks are at times common, worst run have had was 12 in row. we usually get 6 or 8 boxes per week.
 
ALL OF THEM !!!! No really, I enjoy nickels because I never seemed to get skunked and you can find a little bit of silver and CENTS or PENNIES, Oh heck lets call them PENTS ;D (just kidding Diver_Down), because they have alot of errors and varieties. And there is never a shortage of copper to keep out of the rolls.
 
I love the halves and dimes. I will search pennies and nickels on occassion. Favorite coins would have to be anything with lady liberty (mainly standing lib, walking lib, merc)

Golden Silver
 
for sorting anything that can have silver in it --- I like all the older coins -- they had style and the art work is nice --todays coins stink when put beside the old stuff --and I will not say what I think of zincolns --since this is a "family forum"
 
Re: What are your favorite coins to search through (and favorite coin in general

Halves for searching,
Morgans and Trade dollars are my favorite.
 
Pennies and nickels, they take me back to my youth.

"Cents" may be accurate and official Diver_Down, but the term has drawbacks in clarity.

Look at the following statement:

"I have seven cents in my pocket."

That could be a nickel and two one-cent coins or simply seven one cent coins.

But if you say...

"I have seven pennies in my pocket."

...you know exactly what I've got. You also know I'm not a rich guy. ;D
 
Immy said:
Pennies and nickels, they take me back to my youth.

"Cents" may be accurate and official Diver_Down, but the term has drawbacks in clarity.

Look at the following statement:

"I have seven cents in my pocket."

That could be a nickel and two one-cent coins or simply seven one cent coins.

But if you say...

"I have seven pennies in my pocket."

...you know exactly what I've got. You also know I'm not a rich guy. ;D

Sorry, any self-respecting numismatist can't bring themselves to say pennies. Just can't do it.
 
whatever I happen to have on hand....
 
Halves to CRH

My favorites

St. Gaudens Double Eagle 1933
The Britannia if it was not because that Ugly Queen Elizabeth is there
 
Don't get me wrong, when I'm at a coin show I ask dealers about Lincoln, Indian and Flying Eagle cents. But when I'm walking with my little nephew and he sees a coin on the ground and says "Oooh, a penny!" I don't say "No, no, that's called a cent." My final judge is how it sounds to the ear. I hope it allows me to retain a little self-respect. ;D

BTW, my favorite coin the British sovereign.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom