What bank to use?

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey All, Wicka here :hello:
Now my Ole' Reliable bank, the one my family works at, has cut me off from boxes... :(
I can still get CWR's only, and whatever loose Mwr's. So now I have to go to a city for a bank. What kinds of banks of you all received the best customer service from?
What banks order boxes w/out fees?
I'm going to be going once a week, so hoping to find that there will be a bank that will order halves. I'd get 4 boxes a week! Where would I dump though.. No machines around take halves. Anyways.
What banks do you use? Good/Bad experience?
Anyone here CRH in Mass?
Wickaboag

Upvote 0
I just recently set up an account with US bank and they are very accommodating. I went to the main branch and explained why I wanted to setup the account because my current bank wanted to charge me 10% to order for me. They not only said they could get me as many as I wanted they even arranged for them to be delivered to a branch closer to my home free of charge. Great bank!

I just recently set up an account with US bank and they are very accommodating. I went to the main branch and explained why I wanted to setup the account because my current bank wanted to charge me 10% to order for me. They not only said they could get me as many as I wanted they even arranged for them to be delivered to a branch closer to my home free of charge. Great bank!
Now that's the service I'm looking for. Thank you for the tip- I'll see if I can find one of them in my area!
Gracias~
Wicka :P

Hey All, Wicka here :hello:
Now my Ole' Reliable bank, the one my family works at, has cut me off from boxes... :(
I can still get CWR's only, and whatever loose Mwr's. So now I have to go to a city for a bank. What kinds of banks of you all received the best customer service from?
What banks order boxes w/out fees?
I'm going to be going once a week, so hoping to find that there will be a bank that will order halves. I'd get 4 boxes a week! Where would I dump though.. No machines around take halves. Anyways.
What banks do you use? Good/Bad experience?
Anyone here CRH in Mass?
Wickaboag
Wicka, around here (I'm a little north of you) every bank, every branch of every bank is different, you just have to visit them all, be real nice to everyone there and you will find out real quick if they will work with you or not. Having an account with them helps (and is sometime necessary).
No machines around here take halves either, but I deal with it, I just reroll and dump out of town.
Good luck&HH
agme

Wicka, around here (I'm a little north of you) every bank, every branch of every bank is different, you just have to visit them all, be real nice to everyone there and you will find out real quick if they will work with you or not. Having an account with them helps (and is sometime necessary).
No machines around here take halves either, but I deal with it, I just reroll and dump out of town.
Good luck&HH
agme

Same, got cut off from my hometown bank, but I think I'll be still be able to get bags of coins from the same company, different branch, different town.
Hoping! I don't mind setting up an account at any bank, my mom said she'd make me one anywhere I want around here.
Wicka :D

I order from local banks and I am far away from you, so I can't really help.. Sorry I wish I could.. If possible, I would try to find out which courier they use first.. Just take a whole day and travel around to tons of different banks.. See which ones are accommodating and seem friendly..

I order from local banks and I am far away from you, so I can't really help.. Sorry I wish I could.. If possible, I would try to find out which courier they use first.. Just take a whole day and travel around to tons of different banks.. See which ones are accommodating and seem friendly..
My mom would love to drive me around all day to banks.... not :(
I only have small local banks too. Have to travel about ~30 mins to get to the closest Bank of America. REAAAAALLY hoping it orders me half boxes...
Wicka :)

I only have small local banks too. Have to travel about ~30 mins to get to the closest Bank of America. REAAAAALLY hoping it orders me half boxes...

Create a little incentive for her and make sure she knows how upset you are about losing your bank.. Put together a map of all the banks you want to stop by.. Maybe 5-10 banks.. Then tell her that if she spends a morning and afternoon one day driving you around so you can find a good bank to continue your hobby at, that you will clean the whole house top to bottom.. You gotta put in some hard work to get what you want.. :thumbsup:

Bank of america and wells fargo = fees galore... stay away from those two.

Local banks work for me. The only big name banks around here are TD and BOA. TD will not order halves period, BOA, well after setting up an account ($300 min.) they ordered boxes for me for 3 weeks then cut me off. The small regional banks seem to be best in this area.

Create a little incentive for her and make sure she knows how upset you are about losing your bank.. Put together a map of all the banks you want to stop by.. Maybe 5-10 banks.. Then tell her that if she spends a morning and afternoon one day driving you around so you can find a good bank to continue your hobby at, that you will clean the whole house top to bottom.. You gotta put in some hard work to get what you want.. :thumbsup:
Cleaning? I'll quit the hobby over cleaning! :P

Local banks work for me. The only big name banks around here are TD and BOA. TD will not order halves period, BOA, well after setting up an account ($300 min.) they ordered boxes for me for 3 weeks then cut me off. The small regional banks seem to be best in this area.
That's more boxes than I am getting now... :O

I have checked with the main BoA in the area who does 2 orders per week and all the satellite ones do 1 order per week. Not even a mention of a fee ever and they have no problem ordering for me.

Maybe you should discuss on private messages. These banks can search for there name, so call me paranoid, but putting specific bank names is a little risky. HH

Maybe you should discuss on private messages. These banks can search for there name, so call me paranoid, but putting specific bank names is a little risky. HH
"Bank of America" Isn't exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly specific ;-)

I have checked with the main BoA in the area who does 2 orders per week and all the satellite ones do 1 order per week. Not even a mention of a fee ever and they have no problem ordering for me.
I'm fine with 1 order. Weekly, or bi-weekly. I just need something to do to get coin! >:(
Thank you for the good news, there are a few around, 30-45 mins away... but. Can get to them w/o too much hassle. Really hoping to get half boxes. But I'll settle for (literally) any box. Roll. Anything.
Wicka :D

When i was a kid you could order directly through the Fed, can you not anymore? They would deliver the coins to a local bank for you to pick up, wasn't really the choice of the bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back