What's new

What comes around............

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
................goes around.

While there have been many posts about rude, inept or just mean tellers; my experience is generally if you're nice to them. exchange in some chit chat; they will reciprocate.

Case in point, at one of my usual dump banks yesterday, I had the halves coin counter bag fill up while I was there (don't think I've ever not 8) ).

While they were changing it out, I asked if I could go through the reject bucket on the inside). They always say yes, I can keep what's in there and I'll through away any trash that has accumulated in there as well.

Nothing old or silver, but there was 1 Washington dollar coin, 2 quarters (one pretty bent), three dimes, four nickels, 17 pennies (8 were '82 and earlier. but no wheats) a souvenir coin/token from the 109th session of Congress and a 25 satang coin from Thailand.

Interesting mix, and it didn't cost me a thing. 8)

What comes around, goes around.
 
Upvote 0
I totally agree with you. Most tellers I deal with seem happy just to deal with an interesting customer that is doing something other than depositing a check.

B
 
I just started using a coin machine. I am going to ask that next time they change the bag on me.
 
awhitster said:
I am going to ask that next time they change the bag on me.

I think you got to fill the bag before they will change it. Shouldn't be a problem for you.

No machines down here for me to try and fill. >:(
 
I agree Thurm....a little sugar goes a long way with the tellers. They sure could make life tough on a CRH'er if they wanted to.
 
I agree, I have asked to look through the tray and in most cases they say no. There have been a few times when they have said yes. Theres almost always some foriegn coins in there. If your lucky, silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom