What's new

What design do you prefer?

Flatline

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2021
Messages
52
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
sweden
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it comes to suction nozzles what angle do you like better?
90 degree like the hydroforce, or a bit less of an angle on the nozzle like maybe 45 and so on?

Note this would be for dry land nozzles only, or mainly at least.
 
Last edited:
O.K. I made my own nozzle and I made it for using on my 4 inch dredge and i used 4 inductors at 11 degrees on my inch nozzle . this was the optimum angle for the inductors and it kept most of my slurry in the center of my jet to help prevent any plug ups or blowing out the side of the jet. it worked for me just fine for 15 /20 years! I like Chuck Lassiter's set up for his type of dredging ! And that's my answer and I'm sticking to it !
 
ah no, i mean the entire suction nozzle, like 90 degrees bend like the hydro or more like a 45 degree like most others.
 
Dave Franks used to sell his plans for the Vortxrex Nozzle over on the internet!
yep, big fan of the vortxrex. Still making them himself now so no plans sold any longer.
 
Yep I had one of his 4 inch designs on my dredge and loved it! BUT it went with all of my equipment when I had to stop all the fun ! I sure miss it a LOT ! I put a liquid filled suction gauge on intake to the Vortexrx and a liquid filled pressure gauge on my supply line so that I could get the MAX suction I could achieve out of this set up ! I was completely satisfied with Daves device and with my gauges ! When I had to throw in the towel ,I was building a 6 inch device from his pans BUT as the same ole story go's ......
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom