What detector is the absolute best and accurate coinshooter!!!!!

Montana Jim said:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,208.0.html

Here are all the opinions of the folks who have opinions and already shared them... I'm not making assumption about your research ability, just getting you closer to some other's opinions of their coinshootin' machines.

I didnt say you did, I just want to be clear on what type of help I am looking for so I dont get into debates about skill and preferences. I just want your opinions about you best coinshooters and why. I genuinely respect and appriciate all of your opinions and skills. and that is why I am asking. but I cant buy skill or technique, I have to learn it on my own. right now I am in the market to buy and before I layout a mortage payment for a machine. I want to find out all I can. Please dont be offended. I am just trying to do my due dilligence.

nightshift said:
where you are detecting is more important than the machine you wield

I agree, however I still need to address which machine to buy, so give me your thoughts about that and keep em commin

Tabfry said:
Sandman said:
I don't think there is such an animal. What I like to use and am proficient with you might find hard to use or a waste of time. There are people out there that still have the clock on the VCR blinking. People have their preferences and what works great in one area of the country, sucks in another.

You still use a VCR? ;D

not really but I still know how to set the clock

for my two cents worth, if money is no object and you are not concerned about a learning curve, the minelab SE is my first choice, closely ( and i mean closely) followed by the explorer 2. they are virtually the same machine except the SE is a little easier to navigate and the coil is a little lighter. it may be a hair faster too. i haven't seen another machine that out performs the explorer (for coinshooting old coins). i have recently read claims that the new fisher f75 is supposed to be the end all of all detectors, but i will wait and see if people still have that opinion a year or two from now. whenever a new detector is introduced, the hype and marketing BS often eclipses the detectors real world performance. the minelab machines have a reputation built on in the field use over time. they have been proven competant again and again......this is only my opinion of course. ::)

TheSleeper said:
Youngladd, with the quality of the machines being made today, it doesn`t boil down to the machine it is the user behind the machine decyphering what the machine is telling them.

This speaks volumes.

Good post Sleepy.

Burt

Montana Jim said:
"Yes" means everyone who replies will tell you theirs is the best... because no matter what your using or like it is prolly as good as it needs to be.

Here is a pile of reviews as well... http://metaldetectorreviews.net/

BHs routinelly have great depth and accuracy... suprisingly so, do you feel like your missing out on coins or something?
Thanks for the link. No I dont think I am missing coins, I know my detector fairly well but my detector is such an iron hog it rings coins when its just rusty iron about half the time. So, I half to perform a target profile to eliminate those objects which works OK. I think I need more features to experiment with and I learn over how to make a more detailed target profile utilizing all the resources availible to me on a new coinshootin machine.

hollowpointred said:
for my two cents worth, if money is no object and you are not concerned about a learning curve, the minelab SE is my first choice, closely ( and i mean closely) followed by the explorer 2. they are virtually the same machine except the SE is a little easier to navigate and the coil is a little lighter. it may be a hair faster too. i haven't seen another machine that out performs the explorer (for coinshooting old coins). i have recently read claims that the new fisher f75 is supposed to be the end all of all detectors, but i will wait and see if people still have that opinion a year or two from now. whenever a new detector is introduced, the hype and marketing BS often eclipses the detectors real world performance. the minelab machines have a reputation built on in the field use over time. they have been proven competant again and again......this is only my opinion of course. ::)

Yeah!!!! Thats what i talkin about keep em commin

wildrider said:
TheSleeper said:
Youngladd, with the quality of the machines being made today, it doesn`t boil down to the machine it is the user behind the machine decyphering what the machine is telling them.

This speaks volumes.

Good post Sleepy.

Burt

In general, I dont really disagree with you, But some of the responses I get basically state that the machine doesnt matter and that just cant be true. If it was, then everbody on this forum would buy walmart or radioshack $100 machines and become proficient and be as good as a proficient user of a high end minelab and save themselves $$$

No, offense please but I just cant buy that.

MINE!!!!! LOL

That is about the toughest question you can ask in the detecting world, simply because there is no answer.

All I can say is; Take your time, figure out what kind of detecting you want to do, read feild tests on different machines, choose a few that you would like to own, and then ask specific questions of those of us who own those machines.

Good luck!!

OK, as one Ladd to another. A White's XLT. A turn on and go easy to use and ability to grow as you grow. Next an MXT.

Burt Ladd

MEinWV said:
MINE!!!!! LOL

That is about the toughest question you can ask in the detecting world, simply because there is no answer.

All I can say is; Take your time, figure out what kind of detecting you want to do, read feild tests on different machines, choose a few that you would like to own, and then ask specific questions of those of us who own those machines.

Good luck!!

I agree, as far as coinshootin goes what do you like about your machine and why

wildrider said:
OK, as one Ladd to another. A White's XLT. A turn on and go easy to use and ability to grow as you grow. Next an MXT.

Burt Ladd

we are probably related since I am also a "Ladd"

Youngladd, there are members here with 10 year old machines that don`t miss alot. There are members here with brand new 1300.00 machines that miss alot.

What i was trying to get across to you is buy the machine you can afford learn it the best that you can and you will find plenty. The learning curve for someone new to the hobby with a minelab SE is steep very steep.

There are many members using ACE250`s that are finding alot of coins jewerly and whatnots.

Its hard for one person to answer your question, all the top line machines in the hands of someone that has paid there dues in time and frustration will do great. But that same machine in hands of someone new to the machine or new to the hobby will give up in frustration.

A mid range minelab sovi is still a great coin hunter used prob round $500, but again you are stepping up from the machine you are using to what was the top of the line 5 years ago, and even it has a steep learning curve.

What i am trying to get across to you is that there is NO SUCH thing as the absolute best and most accurate coinshooter, not as long as a human being is behind it.

The only coin detector I know of that's 100% accurate and finds loot consistently year after year is a wash machine!

;D

TheSleeper said:
What i am trying to get across to you is that there is NO SUCH thing as the absolute best and most accurate coinshooter, not as long as a human being is behind it.

No truer words... ;)

Try the Whites DFX. You may also look into the book Digging deeper with the DFX.I have both and it has been a great help to me.Well, thats my two cents, Good Luck..

TheSleeper said:
Youngladd, there are members here with 10 year old machines that don`t miss alot. There are members here with brand new 1300.00 machines that miss alot.

What i was trying to get across to you is buy the machine you can afford learn it the best that you can and you will find plenty. The learning curve for someone new to the hobby with a minelab SE is steep very steep.

There are many members using ACE250`s that are finding alot of coins jewerly and whatnots.

Its hard for one person to answer your question, all the top line machines in the hands of someone that has paid there dues in time and frustration will do great. But that same machine in hands of someone new to the machine or new to the hobby will give up in frustration.

A mid range minelab sovi is still a great coin hunter used prob round $500, but again you are stepping up from the machine you are using to what was the top of the line 5 years ago, and even it has a steep learning curve.

I understand what you are trying to get across to me. I probabaly could afford to buy the SE but I like the custom program feature that some white machines have. Do any of the other brands have that feature?

the SE has six user programble programs.discrimination patterns that is.

hollowpointred said:
the SE has six user programble programs.discrimination patterns that is.
I see you use several different machines, which do you prefer for coinshooting historic sites

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back