What detector is the absolute best and accurate coinshooter!!!!!

Youngladd said:
EDDEKALB said:
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:

Didn't we do this already?
YES
Youngladd said:
bakergeol said:
What EDDEKALB and LADD mean (and I agree with) is that an older detector in the hands of one who has totally mastered his machine will find a lot more than the lastest whizbank detector in the hands of a novice.

IMHO Your statement is probably true, but it is irrelevant. If we are assuming that I am the "novice" in that statement, then it doesn't matter to me at all that someone else is better than me with an older cheaper detector, that is not important. Now what is important is that I believe that I can master any machine and that I can out perform myself with the right machine. I am already aware that that the MD interpretation, skill and technique on each respective machine is key. BUT what I am looking for is a the best machine for me that i want to devote the time and energy into mastering. so far i have been leaning toward the SE,GTA 2500 or the F75. But I haven't made up my mind yet .
more then anything its not so much the machine
its the man using it (as you mention)
novice is not what bak is refering to its trigger time
my "toy" is a extention on my brain (as i said)
everytime i go out i learn something with over 1000 hours trigger time
which is the passion
i want to learn
it sounds like you got a handle on your skill level for your machines electronics package
its all about learning
guys on here for the last 20 years using the same or 10 diff. detectors
will all say they always learn something new if not everytime
it sounds like you have hit "the wall" electronic's wise
make a good choice
by the way the 2500 doesnt image past 6 inchs i beleive

Willy said:
Actually, the GTI WILL image past 6". It depends on the ground matrix and size of target. Large targets (who wants to dig up a can at 12"+) will image at greater depths. ..Willy.

What about for coins the image has a 6 in limit?

The best detector is the

one you feel most comfortable with....any top of the line detector will give you what you need. I use and like the Minelab Explorer because for ME, great depth, and finding targets in trash other detectors can't find. I use the Ace 250 for clad hunting only. I've used Whites 6000di Pro, XLT, DFX, Tesero Sand Shark and Shadow X-3 before settling on the Explorer. Just have to see what your most comfortable with. My two cents!@

Re: The best detector is the

Jack(IN) said:
one you feel most comfortable with....any top of the line detector will give you what you need. I use and like the Minelab Explorer because for ME, great depth, and finding targets in trash other detectors can't find. I use the Ace 250 for clad hunting only. I've used Whites 6000di Pro, XLT, DFX, Tesero Sand Shark and Shadow X-3 before settling on the Explorer. Just have to see what your most comfortable with. My two cents!@

it was reviews like yours that helped me to decide on the ML sov for a first machine..
most bang used for the buck!
when the wife and i learn it we will send in our thoughts as to if we are happy with our choice..

Willy said:
Actually, the GTI WILL image past 6". It depends on the ground matrix and size of target. Large targets (who wants to dig up a can at 12"+) will image at greater depths. ..Willy.
Youngladd said:
Willy said:

What about for coins the image has a 6 in limit?
THANKS FOR THE CLEAR UP WILLY
I WAS REFERING COIN SIZED THAT THE SAME ? sorry not trying to yell

I undrstand what you are saying but Please put all your assumptions aside. let me worry about my skill knowlege and technique. Regardless of what anybody says I am convinced that my $100 BH is not the machine that I would like to become proficient at. I can become proficient at any machine i put my hands on. If I am going to marry my machine I want the best i can get and I WILL become proficient with that machine. Some of you have bought thousand dollar machines all machines are not equal. I need a good coinshooter with lots of bells and whistles. Your thoughts

m6 go get one! won't need the bells and whistles!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Younglad,if you deciede to go with DFX I have one with DD coil a pair Koss UL30 head phones for 600.If interested PM me leprechaun.I know use a V3 I bought 2 years ago and love it.:leprechaun-hat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back