What's new

What did I find today?

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these at a new site today. The ring comes in at a strong 78 on my DFX while the link looking piece came in at 17. And the bell shaped piece gave me a good 54 reading. The bell has writing on it but the only thing I can make out is "cures coughs" across the bottom. Writing is the same on both sides Then I found what I thought was a complete 32 caliber pinfire but when I cleaned it the "bullet" is not lead. It's not even a bullet. I also found this brass "cap" with fine internal threads. No markings on it. And, finally a non-metal object that looks like a button but has no attaching points on it. It does have a hole near the edge that goes all the way through. Can the ring be cleaned?
 

Attachments

  • ring 1.webp
    ring 1.webp
    108 KB · Views: 518
  • ring and link 1.webp
    ring and link 1.webp
    131.2 KB · Views: 509
  • bell 1.webp
    bell 1.webp
    124.4 KB · Views: 513
  • bell 2.webp
    bell 2.webp
    121.6 KB · Views: 512
  • shell casing.webp
    shell casing.webp
    132.8 KB · Views: 532
  • don\'t know 1.webp
    don\'t know 1.webp
    134.3 KB · Views: 537
  • don\'t know 2.webp
    don\'t know 2.webp
    156 KB · Views: 517
  • eyeballed 1.webp
    eyeballed 1.webp
    82.8 KB · Views: 497
  • eyeballed 2.webp
    eyeballed 2.webp
    87 KB · Views: 493
Thanks BCH. 1 down 4 to go. Could the brass threaded object be a radiator cap?
 
Upvote 0
Might be.. I found a radiator cap similar to it a while back. Where are you in SW GA? I'm in Thomas Co.
 
Upvote 0
2 small to be a rad,cap I have found 2 myself and have been wondering what they were.My son has found 1 also. I will keep my eye on here cause I want to no what it is .good luck and HH
 
Upvote 0
Could it be a canteen cap? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Too small? Look at the old model T radiator caps. They seem to be about the same size, but threaded on the outside. Many of the old caps were smaller than the ones used nowadays or in the past 75 years or so.
 
Upvote 0
cheese said:
Might be.. I found a radiator cap similar to it a while back. Where are you in SW GA? I'm in Thomas Co.

I'm in Lee County.
 
Upvote 0
oil filler cap? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
i believe your brass cap is for a fuel tank..diesel or gasoline, thats why
its made of brass, no sparks
 
Upvote 0
olegoat said:
i believe your brass cap is for a fuel tank..diesel or gasoline, thats why
its made of brass, no sparks
That makes sense. Now, what is the shell casing looking object. I know the picture is a little out of focus so I will take some better ones tomorrow.
Has anyone ever dug a ring that rang up the same as a silver dime?
 
Upvote 0
fyrffytr1 said:
olegoat said:
i believe your brass cap is for a fuel tank..diesel or gasoline, thats why
its made of brass, no sparks
That makes sense. Now, what is the shell casing looking object. I know the picture is a little out of focus so I will take some better ones tomorrow.
Has anyone ever dug a ring that rang up the same as a silver dime?
If you think thats weird check this post out of mine from last March.And notice the finds. ;D :wink:
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,305797.msg2208467.html#msg2208467
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Not sure about gas cap as it would have to breath.I like oil fill cap, or hydraulic oil fill cap,or powersteering cap for old tractor. I've had my hands on one like it on something and if it come to me I'll post. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom