684.5 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Well that sure is a bummer...I don't see any value other than the 50 cents per coin. Sure hope that isn't a sign of things to come for many of us..

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know Dan. I think maybe you should open them all just to be sure!!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Well a p and d roll combo on eBay seems to sell for $40 free shipping

Please provide a link of a completed listing. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. A US Mint P/D roll combo will carry a premium over a Federal Reserve P/D roll combo. While it is reasonable to think that they are the same condition, a collector doesn't. Also, seeing evidence of a completed listing is different than showing an active listing with a BIN price.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please provide a link of a completed listing. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. A US Mint P/D roll combo will carry a premium over a Federal Reserve P/D roll combo. While it is reasonable to think that they are the same condition, a collector doesn't. Also, seeing evidence of a completed listing is different than showing an active listing with a BIN price.

These were all Loomis wrapped, so even lower on the wish list.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
These were all Loomis wrapped, so even lower on the wish list.

While I referred to the above as Fed Rolls, I was implying the Loomis/Brinks/Dunbar/etc. rolls. The Federal Reserve branches do not roll coins anymore. They supply coin carriers with the coin in bulk for the carriers to roll themselves. There are examples of actual Fed Rolls, but they are all older coins from when the Reserve branches performed the task. About a decade ago, I was fortunate to score a Fed Roll of '66 halves from the Cleveland Branch. Pretty blast white silver...

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"what do I do with these"
Wow that's a loaded question .:)

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would just dump them and move on.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a box of 2018 d a few weeks back - tried to sell them on eBay w/ no takers so I just dumped them. I pulled the 2 nicest of the box. Was thinking of sending them in to pcgs but I don’t think they’ll grade better than ms66 so i probably won’t. Would need to come back 67 or better to be worth it. Based on the pop reports, you’d have to find a 67+ to grade yours

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread