What do we think? Possible loot exposed over time?

May 30, 2020
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

New here and I appreciate any and all help in advance!:hello2:

I was browsing Earth the other day and came across an anomaly in an otherwise remote location (last know regional contact 1850's and before by newspaper articles searched, I'd like to say) There are reports of gold in the area (cataloged in news papers, can't post without giving away an almost precise match to loc) and for these 'boxes' to be lobster pots or any piece of fishing equipment is a slim to none chance as, by records, the location was above water at one point in time and not the area for harvesting such. Below are the two images, one zoomed in slightly closer than the other. There also appears to be some pieces of straight timber or metal in the immediate surrounding area. I would like to get feet on the ground, rather in the water I suppose, for this one and am open to any one else's opinion on what they think they see. Im located in Florida and the location is within a boat travel from me. If it's a hit, Im willing to pay for travel fuel and partial split to someone with a boat willing to take a shot. Feel free to PM me and we can discuss details.

Happy Hunting!

-Jonny:4leafclover:

Capture+_2020-06-01-09-54-15-01.jpeg

Capture+_2020-06-01-09-54-15-02.jpeg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a fun adventure Good luck

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's definite debri....not sure what but not natural. Only one way to find out...go take a look....seems to be quite shallow !! Dont forget about hurricane debris too...irma was brutal....blew stuff all over the shallow water here in the keys.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello:

OP
OP
T
May 30, 2020
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still see houses, docks and boats tossed about the mangroves in the Keys on Earth. One could make a killing off that salvage operation alone, forget the gold!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard....I check alot of that stuff and have found some really old wrecks with google earth. Screenshot_20200601-211849_Maps.jpg going to check this next !! Not to confident that it's a wreck, but ya never know...I've been surprised before...one thing I will say is it is always a blast checking this stuff out and a great day trip adventure !!

OP
OP
T
May 30, 2020
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! You can definitely never tell till you have feet on the ground :laughing7: I've got a series of pins and rumors to check out in the Keys if you're ever up for an expedition! :goldbar::goldbar:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always up for adventure....pm me when your in the keys.

giuhalftrack

Jul 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
BFO's (DIY), Tesoro Silver, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strange that the 4 objects seams all at the same depth no one is partially buried... it is a shallow water area ? they can be the remaining of some sort of pillar

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They could be dumpsters blown off an island

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread