What's new

What do you do with the IKEs

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I just bought a hoard of IKEs (nothing in them) and i was wondering what everyone does with the rejects....I don't want to cart them off to the bank because they are exceedingly rare for me to find

Thanks

HH
-GC
 
Upvote 0
I haven't looked in a while, but I know that they were once selling for a decent premium above face on ebay when sold in bulk. You could give that a shot instead of cashing them in at face value.
 
I've found about 200 Ikes this year, saved one roll and spent the rest. Funny watching the reactions of the recipients. To me, it would just be a hassle listing them on fee-pay.

AMC
 
$100 worth has recently sold as high as $157 shipped on several occasions.

Decent profit margin in them.
 
a coin dealer in my area always pays $1.10 for them, so if I see em, I pick em up for an easy 10% profit
 
I run across like $20 worth here and there and just spend them in differerent places to amuse people and myself.

~Dave
 
Goes4ever said:
a coin dealer in my area always pays $1.10 for them, so if I see em, I pick em up for an easy 10% profit
In the last year I have ammased almost $2000 worth I called every coin dealer i could find, none even wanted to pay face for them. So back to the bank they went. I have used up every IKE paper wrapper my local BofA had. Now I just put 50 in a baggy.
 
I sold about 3 grand worth on Ebay last Christmas and made about $600. I bought $1000 bags at one of my banks. Only found one Peace dollar in the whole bunch.
 
Silver_Fox said:
I sold about 3 grand worth on Ebay last Christmas and made about $600. I bought $1000 bags at one of my banks. Only found one Peace dollar in the whole bunch.

That's a nice profit there for your time. I would do that, but I've never found a bank willing or able to order them.
 
Leave 'em as tips when I go out to eat.....

It gets rid of them, and I'm sure the wait staff has a field day talking about them.

Robin
 
My bank asks me if I want Ikes almost every week or two when I go in for halves. A t least one of them has some ikes every week or so.

I don't even bother. I rarely do pick them up, especially when the teller says "Ohhh, I have some old silver dollars for you. Do you want them?" I say yes, but they are always Ikes. No silver. I never burst their bubble, as it is too nice of them to save them for me.

But I see nothing of value in Ikes. If you get a peace or morgan fromt eh search that is great, but the ikes themselves are worth $1.00. NO one wnats them for more than that here.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom