What Do You Do With Your Clad Finds?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take the Dirty Pennies to Local Coin Machines in grocery stores!!! So the Will Jam Up So I can Check The Reject trays and Magnets Clean and Spend the rest!!!! Chug :laughing7: :laughing7: To answer the Question on Wether I actually do This Before It Is Asked YES I Know Bad Chug

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I save it all up and at the end of the year I buy a pack of smokes with it. Then I give the pack of smokes to my mother. She thanks me over and over again, to the point that it becomes a bit annoying. That's okay, at least I did not waste it on booze.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to check each one for key dates but now I mostly toss them in pails for the grand kids. I only like finding them dirty coins.

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Save them in a coffee can till the end of the year, then sort and clean and check for keepers. The junk clad gets spent, the rest I use to buy uncirculated coin sets.
All though one year I used it to pay a traffic ticket. :laughing7:

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@gleaner.....lol I give mine to the unfortunate deformed chip & Dale dancers who have to wear slings....bless their hearts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
This year I got the little cruiser a tune up and new tires, some new boots, and I'm thinking about a road trip next weekend with the left over clad that doesn't get reserved as next year's vendoteria fodder.

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must be searching in the wrong areas. Seriously...new tires..tune up? Wow....how? I'm happy for you, but to me, it's kind of discouraging. All I find is pennies & stuff. You must have a really fancy detector huh?

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
iCandy said:
I must be searching in the wrong areas. Seriously...new tires..tune up? Wow....how? I'm happy for you, but to me, it's kind of discouraging. All I find is pennies & stuff. You must have a really fancy detector huh?

It's all about finding virgin ground. If all your digging is zinc pennies someone has cherry picked the area.
I'll take nice Fridays off and go Garmin hunting. I follow the Garmin and search for out of the way small towns and hunt their parks.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
iCandy said:

And I often nap in the middle of hunt....

There's a lot of totlots around here and some of them just don't get visited by many md'ers.

But the clad is down, the good old days of carnie chasing are over, not enough people go, they use tokens or bands. So it's time to dig a little more for a little less, but keeping at it helps.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tumble mine.... then take em into the bank.....then buy more metal detectors/accessories.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Right now I'm saving them. But I might save them to make my last mortgage payment in 18 years. (No I won't clean them first. :laughing9:)

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
I tumble it and save it up for metal detecting gear. So far, $590.18 but still have a week to go this month. It averages to about $60/month and I'm out almost every day (retiree's rock!) From that I take out for gas and/or bus fare. The rest is saved for more metal detecting stuff. My clad purchases from the ACE 250 has been a Garrett Propointer, Sniper coil, and Vaquero. Clad from the Vaquero has bought me a 2nd Garrett Propointer. This hobby does pay for itself. My other hobbies that pay me are blues harmonica playing and photography. Unfortunately, fishing (even though I eat what I catch and keep) still COSTS me!!! I don't know why...maybe it's the gas, or replacing the Shimano reels or Gloomis rods. Nothing I can do though....too late.....already addicted! You know how it is!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to the Outback Steakhouse....feels like Im eating for free but I worked harder getting that clad than I do at my job. Clad is a by product of gold hunting....I love gold. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
I recycle clad so that I can stimulate the economy and the government can only brag about doing it.

I'm hanging on to the couple pieces of silver that I found and the nugget or two that I have.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
For personal reasons I put them in the collection boxes for the Ronald McDonald house. They saved my daughters life...nuff said!

mydejavooo

Oct 26, 2011
Hansen, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Whites Spectrum XLT e-series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sandtrout said:
I tumble it and save it up for metal detecting gear. So far, $590.18 but still have a week to go this month. It averages to about $60/month and I'm out almost every day (retiree's rock!) From that I take out for gas and/or bus fare. The rest is saved for more metal detecting stuff. My clad purchases from the ACE 250 has been a Garrett Propointer, Sniper coil, and Vaquero. Clad from the Vaquero has bought me a 2nd Garrett Propointer. This hobby does pay for itself. My other hobbies that pay me are blues harmonica playing and photography. Unfortunately, fishing (even though I eat what I catch and keep) still COSTS me!!! I don't know why...maybe it's the gas, or replacing the Shimano reels or Gloomis rods. Nothing I can do though....too late.....already addicted! You know how it is!

Geez!! $600 is a really good haul for clad! That's a new detector every year!!! :thumbsup:

DeJa

Grace O'Malley

Oct 23, 2011
RV, NE Florida (This week)
Detector(s) used
DFX, Sun-Ray pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Laundry!
Coin-op washers and dryers don't look at you funny when you use a mud-colored quarter. The laundry facilities are the only thing I miss about having a house. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions