What's new

What do you use in your coin tumbler to clean coins?

A Question

Just wondering would using Walnut Shells be best for tumbling Common Wheats?
(So not to beat them up too much).:dontknow:
 
Walnuts shells are used on jewelry so why not coins! I am trying it tonight with my tumbler. I do plan to separate the pennies from the other coins!
 
They use baking soda to media blast cars I wonder if it would be a good powder to use with the tumbler?
 
I had no idea that this hobby was so AWESOME!!! Some of my fondest memories as a child were the mixing of various cleaning staples to make the most obnoxious and powerful "cleaner". Mad scientist chemistry...CHECK. Harbor Fright tumbler...CHECK. As soon as I find some clad, I'm gonna go all Alchemist on my clad! Maybe I can figure out how to turn 1980s clad into 1500s reales. Anyone have a 1400s era Alchemists book? I'm fluent in Latin. :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom