TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please pardon my newbnorance (trying to learn here), but wouldn't a sonic cleaner be a better method? 🤨

Or are copper coins usually in such rough shape that a little more abrasion/wear doesn't/wouldn't matter?

Now, what to do with this roll of 1943 copper wheaties? 🙄
send them to me 🤣

Fossils

Oct 25, 2019
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put all my Wheaties in a box, and every once in a while go through the dates to see if I can fill out a Lincoln Penny Album with just dug pennies. I'm missing most of the S and D dates but it's still a nice work-in-progress.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put all my Wheaties in a box,
Do they come any other way?

1703194938357.png

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The best thing to do is start a Whitman collection of them.
Folders are a great way to keep up interest. I currently have about 7 Lincoln cent folders going and a bunch of empties for future. I think I have folders for most 20th century denominations, although the only that are complete are my Franklin and silver Roosevelt series.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folders are a great way to keep up interest. I currently have about 7 Lincoln cent folders going and a bunch of empties for future. I think I have folders for most 20th century denominations, although the only that are complete are my Franklin and silver Roosevelt series.
although the only that are complete are my Franklin and silver Roosevelt series.

Better than me !!

Norwichnut

Jun 5, 2019
S.E connecticut
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/max, Explorer, CTX, Tesoro Tejon, and many other..BUT MY GO TO MACHINE= Equinox 600 stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I 'salt' the beach with them for others to find in areas where I have cleared out for years.
Don in SoCal
My buddy does that with pull tabs... lol
I've seen him toss hundreds of em in while giggling

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CjG3

Aug 25, 2019
Albuquerque NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400, Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woah! Care to post a link? I stand to profit about $1.5k.
I didn’t say I turned any in. That’s just what I was told by the owner while browsing around. Maybe B.S. ??? IDK??? If you find yourself in New Mexico for any reason I’ll be glad to point you in the direction.

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
I clean hold on to mine. I still get excited when I dig them for some reason. I kind of imagine the time period and what was going on at that time the penny, what cars looked like etc. that’s just me lol.
I got exited over a £1 coin which got changed in 2016 I think. Was super happy finding that on a beach 🤣

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread