What's new

what does 3.2 billion in gold looks like...

So, hypothetical situation. Lets say you just found out about this truck. It's destination was about an hour away, and you REALLY wanted to steal at least just 1 bar (1k pound brick). How would you do it? Keep in mind, that the truck driver and the two helicopters overhead were in constant radio contact. AND, lets just say there was NO armed person on board this truck. Just HOW in the WORLD would you get just one bar?
The point is, you can't. As soon as you manage to succesfully stop the truck, open the trailer, and before you even 'attempt' to lift a 1K bar, police would already be on their way. 4 guys lift 250 pounds each? O.k., try to get 4 guys to crowd around a small brick, and see if each one can lift 250 pounds each. It's just not going to happen. Lets assume you do manage to get this brick into a vehicle. What's the chance of you escaping 2 helicoptors? The point is, theft is simple impossible.

I thought this thread was going to be fun, to try and guess the actual value. But, it's turned into a compete mess. No the tires weren't 'flat' but they were very squashed, hence my boss asking the initial question "Hey, why are your tires low, what are you hauling". Sure, if he was delivering to a bunch of thugs, he obviously wouldn't tell them, but my boss is very friendly guy and looks equally harmless. We had some pallets of goods being delivered to us, and yes, you'd think this would be a 1 way trip without any stops on the way, but it wasn't, and that's one part of this story that makes it equally neat.

...o.k., so if you don't believe it. Fine. But it did happen. It happened and that's why I deleivered this story to you guys. I found it quite neat that this kind of thing happens. I found it neat that someone was so close to soooo much gold, never again in a lifetime would he be near this much gold again. I also found it neat that a simple truck driver, and everyday truck on the road, to have this much gold. One would initially think that this kind of thing would be escourted by a whole military attachment... 50mm guns and everything... but it wasn't. That's what makes this so damn neat.

We still talk about it at the office to this day. And I thought I would share this story with you guys, considering, well, GOLD, afterall. But, I was wrong and I am sorry. I'm sorry you guys feel that I am trying to decieve you. I will think twice before I post this kind of stuff on here again.
 
Last edited:
1000 pound bricks, I'd love to see one of those.
 
!cid_08175DB7AF58498AB76164980E1EE6B6@AudreyPC.webp
 
How would I get the gold :dontknow: Simple :tongue3:

Just a little variation of the movie "The Italian Job" That's how :laughing9:
 
Hypothetically, since it is 3b, I would just shoot the choppers down and talk nice to the driver, maybe he would see it my way, and drive the truck to where it would be unloaded, with a fork lift. Didnt see the Italian Job, but im sure they didnt have 4 guys trying to lift a thousand pounds. Besides, now days, you can call the police and they come an hour later!
Hypothetically, if a truck driver told me he had 3b in his truck, I would fall down laughing!
 
Yeah, the cost of 2 stinger AA missels would be WAY cheap for the profit on that.
 
My boss, a devout christian ( I'm agnostic). I told him about this thread today, and he said, "You know what I would say, I would say 'believe it or not, It's none of my business. I just wanted to share a neat story' ".

He put it very well. I think I'll stick to that.
 
How do you delete a post.
 
Last edited:
Hypothetically, since it is 3b, I would just shoot the choppers down and talk nice to the driver, maybe he would see it my way, and drive the truck to where it would be unloaded, with a fork lift. Didnt see the Italian Job, but im sure they didnt have 4 guys trying to lift a thousand pounds. Besides, now days, you can call the police and they come an hour later!
Hypothetically, if a truck driver told me he had 3b in his truck, I would fall down laughing!

Well, perhaps that's where the two heli's come into play.(?) There was a circle of trust between 3 people. THere is a difference between people that can get this type of federal license to haul this kind of gear, and the type of person that has a questionable history. If you think about it, I'm willing to bet, I'm not sure, But I'm willing to bet that his entire life, his entire history, his mom/dad/brothers/sisters/high school records/ etc. was looked at before he was given this level of trust. There are some American's that have a level of... well... being an American. Trustworthy. American's can shine, if you can believe that.
 
I can sure spot a lot of you that have never worked for the goverment. You should be able to remember back in the vietnam war.The company building are tanks was moved to a new building a couple states away.well the biggest press used to do some of the work had to be moved on a low boy a special one.a sherrif in (georgia) i think pulled them over NO permits D.O.D just bull @@@ there way until this sherrif cought up to them.It set there for over a year with the feds screaming there heads off about national security thay finaly moved it by helicoppter if i remember right.and the state had a check in hand for all the damages done to the roads.Look it up it is a good story.
 
They haul missels convential,all the time no armed cars following at all.when they haul nukes and they haul them all the time,they have a car in front and one in back plus a van that follows a couple miles back with a quick reaction team.And you would really be surprized at the number kept on the roads at all times.
 
Good photo. But, can you imagine the idea of getting 4 guys around one of these bricks and lift 250 a peice? Crazy. I really hope it's starting to make since now.

the thing with that photo is that ITS FAKE.
 
We're good. Don't worry about it. I was actually asking how to delete a specific post 'within' a thread. But don't worry about it. We'll keep this thread up. It'll eventually fizzle out, but we'll keep it on t-net just in case people find it interesting. No harm. It's safe enough. Who knows, maybe we'll get the actually driver here one day...
..and then, unicorns will grow from trees (according to some people anyways). Lol.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom