Looks like the blade holder for an old wood plane. Tonysasnz said:I think it is top plate on a wood plane, the blade would go where you can see on the first picture, I will see if i can get a pic.
sasnz
Do you feel like this bigCbigcypresshunter said:Thats 6 members concur with you sasnz.Tony in SC said:Looks like the blade holder for an old wood plane. Tonysasnz said:I think it is top plate on a wood plane, the blade would go where you can see on the first picture, I will see if i can get a pic.
sasnz![]()
Lol
. I have had a look at paint scrapers as well and it could possibly fit the bill but with a very short handle i think.

?


?




One member has three at home just like it and that may be our best bet at positive ID.7SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:Could be.

IMO the best reference on Stanley planes is Patricks Blood and Gore if you want to search. http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan0a.html http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan0a.htmlsasnz said:Ok due to the ware on the top surface of the whole which in my opinion would tighten and lock the blade into place i will put my money on a wood plane blade plate holder. Bigc I know you disagree with me but i just cant think of anything else. Do you have any suggestions that we can investigate?
Cheers Sasnz
It may however be some kind of small scraper or hand clamp.