I know this Meyers enameled pin is not the same but similar. It may say "ABOVE THE BEST."NHbenz said:Nearly certainly a military distinctive insignia, but there are so many that it could take a while to nail down. The banner beneath likely has some sort of motto that would narrow it down quickly. Somewhat commonly they borrow from Latin sayings, so Google will probably help us if you could get a reading. I don't think you're going to hurt the value any no matter how you clean it, short of taking it to the bench grinder.
It sure looks like a DUI pin but I think its post WWII. http://www.custermen.com/Reference/Uniforms/DUI_Pins.htmoldfireguy said:I'd bet $50 of your money that is a pin back DUI from WW2. It just happens to be missing the pin. Meyer was a common maker of all sorts of military pins.
bigcypresshunter said:I know this Meyers enameled pin is not the same but similar. It may say "ABOVE THE BEST."NHbenz said:Nearly certainly a military distinctive insignia, but there are so many that it could take a while to nail down. The banner beneath likely has some sort of motto that would narrow it down quickly. Somewhat commonly they borrow from Latin sayings, so Google will probably help us if you could get a reading. I don't think you're going to hurt the value any no matter how you clean it, short of taking it to the bench grinder.
http://cgi.ebay.com.my/BRASS-ENAMEL...D-PINBACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ200323622633

You are correct. It sure is! I couldnt see through the corrosion.trikikiwi said:BigCy, I see a winged cartridge, not eagle
Mike
This is a good clue.

It does seem close to Air Defense insignias. http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/WWII-202nd-A...4514104QQihZ015QQcategoryZ36059QQcmdZViewItemtrikikiwi said:Very close, Air Defence Artillery School. I wonder if they are related
Mike
oldfireguy said:I'd bet $50 of your money that is a pin back DUI from WW2. It just happens to be missing the pin. Meyer was a common maker of all sorts of military pins.